Song Association Game :D

Notes_Norton

On 10/25/2019 at 1:46 AM, Notes_Norton said:

My dad was a big band fan and so am I. 

It seems that you, Craig and myself have been lucky in this respect Notes.

I can even remember (way back) when my mum and dad purchased our first record player - a black Dansette model with a silver speaker grille.

As part of the 'ritual', they both purchased an LP to play on our new investment; mum got Grieg's Peer Gynt performed by the LSO, and dad bought The Real Glenn Miller & His Orchestra Play The Original Music Of The Film "The Glenn Miller Story" (the biopic starring Jimmy Stewart).

My dad quit smoking when I was young, and with the money he didn't spend on smoking he bought one LP per week. Mostly Big Band, Western Swing, and Sinatra era pop music. Good stuff.

Mom liked Broadway show tunes, as a child I didn't appreciate them as much as my dad's music, but as I got older I learned how to listen to them.

My parents never discouraged my from listening to rock and even liked some of the songs.

My dad played trumpet, violin, ukulele and organ. I never heard him play trumpet or violin, but we had a lot of fun singing along while he played the uke. I guess if he had Band-in-a-Box he might have played the monophonic instruments more.

On with the association game. Last post was "Walter Murphy - A Fifth of Beethoven" - how to get us out of Beethoven? This might work.

"King Stephen Overture (König Stefan Overture)" - Beethoven
George Szell conducting the Cleveland Orchestra

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

My dad played trumpet, violin, ukulele and organ.

At the same time??!  Now THAT'S talent!  😁

I found out that my Dad apparently had played accordion at one time, but I found this out after he had passed so I don't feel I need to change my name. 😆

Then I recently discovered that my Dad had a date with Raquel Welch prior to meeting my Mom, so I'll give him props for that! 👍😉 

• Like 2