Song Association Game :D

Notes_Norton

As too many already know, I have a stupidly large collection (it was around 340,000 songs the last time I tried for a total - about 200k have been imported into Media Monkey, I still need a LOT of time to do the rest!).  So, pretty everything I've added, I have in my own collection.  Since I like most genres, it also can be all over the map!  Don't expect to see too many entries from me that are either Country or Rap though.  😁

Oh yeah, and ever since Bob had trouble finding a couple of song connections, when it isn't obvious I've taken to putting something like:

Old reference -> New reference

Edited by craigb

The problem with only posting songs you like is that many people have different tastes in music.

The second problem is that some might end up judging another persons taste in music. I don't want it to be that, I want the association to be the game, not a statement of personal musical taste.

I also don't want someone to think, "Ooh that's a very clever association, but I don't like that song so I better not post it,"

I've listened to and liked a lot of the music others have posted here, and there have been some that I didn't care for. The good part about it is that I've been exposed to some

I suggest leaving songs you like to the "Listening To This Now" thread and just go with an association. If the association isn't obvious, please provide an explanation.

Back to the game.

Witch Hunt - Rush

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

The problem with only posting songs you like is that many people have different tastes in music.

The second problem is that some might end up judging another persons taste in music. I don't want it to be that, I want the association to be the game, not a statement of personal musical taste.

I also don't want someone to think, "Ooh that's a very clever association, but I don't like that song so I better not post it,"

I've listened to and liked a lot of the music others have posted here, and there have been some that I didn't care for. The good part about it is that I've been exposed to some

I suggest leaving songs you like to the "Listening To This Now" thread and just go with an association. If the association isn't obvious, please provide an explanation.

This ^^

6 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Why's that a problem? 

The second problem is that some might end up judging another persons taste in music.

Why's that a problem? I know my taste is impeccable. ;) 

I suggest leaving songs you like to the "Listening To This Now" thread

But the choice of music in this thread is way better. :D 

If the association isn't obvious, please provide an explanation.

... for a given value of "obvious". I might think the association is obvious (eg Capricorn --> Goat) but somebody else might not. If you don't get the song association, you can always ask. But, yes if the association is more obscure eg lyrical, then an explanation would be nice.

But, I have no problem whether people like the songs they post or not. But a video link would be nice if possible.

WARNING: This post may contain rhetorical questions. 

Edited by Wibbles

3 hours ago, Wibbles said:

4 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

If the association isn't obvious, please provide an explanation.

... for a given value of "obvious". I might think the association is obvious (eg Capricorn --> Goat) but somebody else might not. If you don't get the song association, you can always ask. But, yes if the association is more obscure eg lyrical, then an explanation would be nice.

I didn't say that 🙄