Song Association Game :D

Notes_Norton

Hmm. I rather like the Bill Withers song. To each their own I guess :D

But it's just Song Association, liking the associated song might be nice, but not necessary.

How about this one...

The Hunter - Albert King

I think Zeppelin did a nice variation of this one but here's the original...

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1

I make a motion that the songs must be liked and good, and it would help, if not obvious, to clarify the word association.

When a song is submitted, if it is liked by the poster then it helps us to know that it might be a song worth listening to.  And if it isn't, it helps us to know something about the poster.  lol

I don't understand how Amorphous Androgynous - Mountain Goat can link to St. James' Club - Tropic of Capricorn, nor the next one about Laurel & Hardy. How does it connect?

Edited by Toddskins
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Toddskins said:

I don't understand how Amorphous Androgynous - Mountain Goat can link to St. James' Club - Tropic of Capricorn, nor the next one about Laurel & Hardy. How does it connect?

• Capricornus (constellation) = The Goat
  • Mountain Goat --> Laurel & Hardy song's chorus begins with the line "In the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia"
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

But it's just Song Association, liking the associated song might be nice, but not necessary.

5 hours ago, Toddskins said:

I make a motion that the songs must be liked and good, and it would help, if not obvious, to clarify the word association.

When a song is submitted, if it is liked by the poster then it helps us to know that it might be a song worth listening to.  And if it isn't, it helps us to know something about the poster.  lol

Nearly every track I've posted is in my collection (with one or two exceptions).  I try to listen to every track posted by other contributors.

As far as clarifying the association, what's obvious to one person might not be to another (I thought the capricorn/goat connection was obvious).  And the less obvious connections sometimes make me chuckle.

You can always click on the confused button, if you can't work it out.

• Great Idea 1