Song Association Game :D

Notes_Norton

3 hours ago, Wibbles said:

I had use google to find that association. 

Thanks for mentioning this.  Even though I am familiar with P.F. Sloan's contribution to early rock and roll, I also googled the song since the music of The Grass Roots was a part of my adolescence.

I was surprised to learn  (1) the song was originally an Italian song done by a group of British musicians who made it big in Italy who later did an English cover of the Grass Roots cover,  (2) the "Shaa-laa-la-la-la-la . . . " line was a cover of an even older Drifters tune, I Count the Tears (penned by the legendary Doc Pomus and Mort Shuman) [covered by Rosanne Cash] , and (3) in the 1980s there was even a a disco cover of the original Italian version by The Rokes (among other covers).

Warning: Some people might find the "Naa-naa-na-na-na-na late at night . . . ." / "Shaa-laa-la-la-la-la-la Piangi Con Me . . . ." / "Live for Today" line a bit of an ear worm.

Edited by User 905133
(2) added a link to a 2 1/2 hour interview/discussion with PF Sloan in case anyone is interested; (1) corrected spacing/typo in the "na-na/la-las"
  • Like 2