Song Association Game :D

Notes_Norton

We used to play that song when it was popular. I doubled on Farfisa organ on that one. One day during the 'psychedelic' section, I was just goofing off, I kicked my boot off, and "played" the organ with my foot. Complete bullsh*t but the crowd went nuts. We made it part of the act, and from then on I had to make sure if I had a hole in my sock, it went on the left foot.

On with the game...

Western Union - Five Americans

Edited by Notes_Norton

Back in the late 1960s Eric Burdon and the drummer from The Animals (sorry, I for got his name) came into the club we were playing at and asked to sit in. We had a lot of fun.

After the gig we went to an Afro-American bar because they were open until 4 AM and jammed with them. At 4 we asked if anyone else was open and they sent us to a club without a sign. Come to find out it was a 'gay' bottle club called Gussy-Wussies and a couple from our band, Eric, and a couple from the black band jammed with that band until 6. It was a night to remember.

Eric could make up some decent blues song lyrics on the spot. I guess it was his first trip to the USA and he was as thrilled about it as we were.

See See Rider - The Animals

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1

--> New Order - Run

John Denver's publishing company filed a lawsuit, alleging that the guitar break in "Run" too closely resembled Denver's "Leaving on a Jet Plane". The case was settled out of court. The song has since been credited to New Order and John Denver.

• Like 1