Song Association Game :D

Notes_Norton

Just now, Pragi said:

What  great live act .

Couldn't agree more 👍

Saw them about 15 years ago in the local rugby stadium and they were fantastic.

However, we also saw them on one of the recent 'Frantic Four' tours and they were absolutely amazing. The four of them were just so tight as a band (even after 30-ish years apart),  and they played all the old stuff - nothing on the set list came from any album later than Blue For You.

• Like 1

The Quos do  remind of Slade , another totally underrated live band.

Slade  got great in 1980 when they were last-minute replacements for Black Sabbath at the Reading Rock Festival.

The Sabbath fans have started to shout down there concert, but Slade keeps fighting and after 3 songs the crowd starts to listen and having fun.

Edited by Pragi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pragi said:

The Quos do  remind of Slade , another totally underrated live band.

Slade  got great in 1980 when they were last-minute replacements for Black Sabbath at the Reading Rock Festival.

The Sabbath fans have started to shout down there concert, but Slade keeps fighting and after 3 songs the crowd starts to listen and having fun.

I was there ☺️

Slade were brought in to replace Ozzy's Blizzard Of Oz, and apparently were quite hesitant about doing so.

You are correct about their prowess as a live band - and Noddy had us eating out of his hand before long. He jokingly said it wasn't a 'request show' as so many people were shouting for them to play Merry Xmas Everybody, and followed that up, in his thick Brummie accent with, "Go on then - you lot f***** sing it!". And we did! (they even kept the crowd sing-a-long on the Slade Alive IV/Live at Reading 80 album).

Great line-up that year for us (New Wave Of British) Heavy Metal fans. Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, UFO and a load of others, plus established rockers like Rory Gallagher, Ian Gillan, Gary Moore and (the simply wonderful) Whitesnake. 

And incidentally, I was a big Slade fan as a kid - Gudbuy 'T Jane was the first record I ever bought 😄

2 hours ago, Wibbles said:

Isn't that normally under six feet of water?

Because the whole band and crowd was electrified ?

I don´t think  the assembly needed doping  this way in the 70 and 80th.

Edited by Pragi