Song Association Game :D

Notes_Norton

23 minutes ago, ensconced said:

Indeed it is, and that whole album was pretty good as well.

I played my LP to death back in the day 😃

Still never really understood why they didn't go the whole hog and make it a double album at the time; the material to fill up four sides of vinyl exists (including the extra tracks they put on the remaster).

5 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Still the best version I've heard 'em do...

And my favorite song to cover with friends.  I even learned the drum parts so we could record them and use 'em as part of the backing track.  😃

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

I played my LP to death back in the day 😃

Still never really understood why they didn't go the whole hog and make it a double album at the time; the material to fill up four sides of vinyl exists (including the extra tracks they put on the remaster).

I don't know if it is true in this case but a live album is often a "Contractual obligation" album ( You have one album left to fulfill the label contract) and since you get the same amount of money advanced either way, maybe the band management decided to save the money on the production by only have to mix/master one LP worth of songs?

Edited by StudioNSFW
  • Thanks 1

I'm not really fans of S&G but they have a number of nice songs. Paul is a very sophisticated songwriter. He does things that sound natural and easy but are inventive. This is one I by them I really like and the Wrecking Crew did a great job on the instrumental backing.

And after  all boxers are warriors thus the association.

The Boxer - Simon & Garfunkle

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1