Song Association Game :D

Notes_Norton

Craig, try AdBlocker Ultimate.

I know we are supposed to view the ads, as they pay for the content, but when things get absurd it's time to turn them off.

With ABU you can unblock sites with ads that don't interrupt the flow if you like.

Now, on with our regularly scheduled program... ... ...

La Renaissance Africaine - Gilberto Gil

"Paint It Black" - Eric Burdon & War

(Side note: Back in the late 60s, we were playing in the Parkway Tropics lounge in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Eric Burdon and the drummer for the Animals show up and want to sit in. Of course we let them. After the Parkway closed we went to a black bar (yes it was segregated back then), sat in with the band and played until it closed. Eric could make up 12 bar blues songs on the spot. When that closed we asked what was open, it was a gay bar "bottle club" and we sat in with that band. I guess that gave them a tour of many sides of the USA).

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Notes_Norton said:

(Side note: Back in the late 60s, we were playing in the Parkway Tropics lounge in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Eric Burdon and the drummer for the Animals show up and want to sit in. Of course we let them. After the Parkway closed we went to a black bar (yes it was segregated back then), sat in with the band and played until it closed. Eric could make up 12 bar blues songs on the spot. When that closed we asked what was open, it was a gay bar "bottle club" and we sat in with that band. I guess that gave them a tour of many sides of the USA).

Great little story - sounds like one hell of a night. B|

• Like 1