IK Pick and Mix Group Buy

cclarry

On 9/27/2019 at 5:43 PM, kitekrazy said:

It'd be nice if they ditch the greyed out options.  Anything not greyed would still be a duplicate license.  Let up pick hassle free.  Anyone who has participated in the previous IK group buys has a lot of this stuff.   Just change it please so we don't have to go through support.

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 4

On 9/30/2019 at 6:50 AM, kitekrazy said:

It'd be nice if they ditch the greyed out options.  Anything not greyed would still be a duplicate license.  Let up pick hassle free.  Anyone who has participated in the previous IK group buys has a lot of this stuff.   Just change it please so we don't have to go through support.

Edited by kitekrazy

>On 9/30/2019 at 6:50 AM, kitekrazy said:

As opposed to blocking selections it would be better if the system gave you a warning when you were trying to select anything that you already owned, such as "You already have a registered license to this item!  Do you want to obtain another?"
While the intent of the greyed out options is probably to prevent people from inadvertently getting duplicates while they still have other valid options it is not aware of items contained in sets such as T-Racks 5.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

15 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

As opposed to blocking selections it would be better if the system gave you a warning when you were trying to select anything that you already owned, such as "You already have a registered license to this item!  Do you want to obtain another?"
While the intent of the greyed out options is probably to prevent people from inadvertently getting duplicates while they still have other valid options it is not aware of items contained in sets such as T-Racks 5.

True...... I was thinking the same when I selected option no. 5 today

On 9/30/2019 at 8:29 AM, cclarry said:

Ok...so we have 30 days from today to make our picks...correct?

Correct! :)

image.png.4ebdf8e7a76f496ee6a95f4b9f3436c7.png

On 9/28/2019 at 9:25 PM, Ashay Arekar said:

It's the Mic Room ! Excellent plugin.....

On 9/28/2019 at 8:02 PM, Zo said:

By the way guyz don't forget to use this as an FX ... i used here on drums elements to have tha mid dirt on HH and rimshot , toms ect ..: beauties and instant 

Don't overlook this plugin !!

image.png.13810f74fee1cb846caaaa7d8e999c4e.png

On 9/28/2019 at 9:20 PM, ensonced said:

Agree, that is a nice plug, I've had it since it was released, works nicely if you have a use case for it, a lot of people put it down for various reasons, which is fine, but for me I like what it does when I use it, don't really care if it is 'authentic' in what it does or claims to do, just know it's a quick, easy and reliable way to better than without it. Could probably achieve it by other means, but this does nicely.

Sad I can't enter this GB, already own everything, well except the Leslies, and I don't have any interest in them, plus then any freebies  would be duplicates.

Thanks for all the comments on Mic Room! Glad to hear you guys enjoy it.

11 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

8 hours ago, TheSteven said:

7 hours ago, Ashay Arekar said:

True...... I was thinking the same when I selected option no. 5 today

We appreciate the interest, I've made sure to pass the comments posted here to the team.

Edited by Ryan IK Multimedia
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Ryan IK Multimedia said:

Correct! :)

image.png.4ebdf8e7a76f496ee6a95f4b9f3436c7.png

Thanks for all the comments on Mic Room! Glad to hear you guys enjoy it.

We appreciate the interest, I've made sure to pass the comments posted here to the team.

Ryan, please tell it to developers to motivate them for further extension of this plugin ;)

This thing itself can grow and has its own life as it is using hardware already present in our lockers ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

Ryan, please tell it to developers to motivate them for further extension of this plugin ;)

This thing itself can grow and has its own life as it is using hardware already present in our lockers ;)

I will be more than happy to pass this over to the team.

Feel free to add in any suggestions to the official T-RackS wish list here: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19888

• Thanks 3
  • Great Idea 1

On 9/27/2019 at 5:43 PM, kitekrazy said:

It's be nice if they ditch the geyed out options.  Anything not greyed would still be a duplicate license.  Let up pick hassle free.  Anyone who has participated in the previous IK group buys has a lot of this stuff.   Just change it please so we don't have to go through support.

Bump. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cclarry said:

No...apparently they don't want you having 2 of anything unless
you BUY it!

6 hours ago, Grem said:

Has this issue been taken care of, the "Greyed Out" issue.

On 10/5/2019 at 6:55 AM, cclarry said:

I agree with KK...WHY are they greyed out?  WHY can you BUY
two of something, but not GET two of something because you 
already own it?  Another tick on my list IK "Stupid" practices.

On 10/5/2019 at 6:22 AM, Grem said:

Apparently that ain't gonna happen KK.

I wish it would though. And I know I am not alone.

On 10/4/2019 at 9:12 PM, kitekrazy said:

Bump. 

This is not an issue. The Group Buy drop down is not designed for users to select duplicate items. While we understand the interest here and you guys are more than free to make your case here. With the influx of support from the last Group Buy due to the lack of this feature, we decided this would be the best way to make sure support is not tied up with these issues to be able to keep resolving anyone real problems a user may have.

Edited by Ryan IK Multimedia
  • Meh 1

Here's a better idea than "Greying them out"...

Just show an "*" by the products you already own to
eliminate any "confusion"....seriously...that's a VERY SIMPLE
method, and people can make up their OWN mind, rather than
IK making it up for us!

• Great Idea 1

@Ryan IK Multimedia

I, and I am sure a lot of us here, understand IK not wanting, or being able to afford valuable Support to deal with this issue. However, it is an unresolved issue. I also understand that the GB Pick Menu wasn't designed to pick duplicate items. But surely ya'll had to know that some of us loyal customers would be in the GB. That there would be an instance or two where some would be maxed out on items they purchased. So it shouldn't be that surprising to IK that this issue has developed into what it has. And the issue is: honest well meaning customers who got in on the GB won't be able to redeem what they have coming to them, due to no fault of their own.

I read your message and like I said, understand and appreciate everything you and Peter do here for us. I myself have not contacted IK Support about this issue. I figured that they would resolve it before the 30 days and I can use my empty 4 slots. But from your post above, you addressed the measures IK took to stop all the support calls for this issue. And you invited us to make our case, did I get that right, at this forum? Because the link took me to the top of this page. What am I to assume with that? I am hoping you did that in error. Because that don't look good IMHO. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grem said:

@Ryan IK Multimedia

I, and I am sure a lot of us here, understand IK not wanting, or being able to afford valuable Support to deal with this issue. However, it is an unresolved issue. I also understand that the GB Pick Menu wasn't designed to pick duplicate items. But surely ya'll had to know that some of us loyal customers would be in the GB. That there would be an instance or two where some would be maxed out on items they purchased. So it shouldn't be that surprising to IK that this issue has developed into what it has. And the issue is: honest well meaning customers who got in on the GB won't be able to redeem what they have coming to them, due to no fault of their own.

I read your message and like I said, understand and appreciate everything you and Peter do here for us. I myself have not contacted IK Support about this issue. I figured that they would resolve it before the 30 days and I can use my empty 4 slots. But from your post above, you addressed the measures IK took to stop all the support calls for this issue. And you invited us to make our case, did I get that right, at this forum? Because the link took me to the top of this page. What am I to assume with that? I am hoping you did that in error. Because that don't look good IMHO. 

Sorry about that. I've fixed the link. Not sure what happened there. To clarify, support is the best route for anyone in this situation.

This was just the best method from our experience with various group buys, but again, we appreciate the interest and I will pass this along.

Thanks again for your support and joining the conversation here.

2 hours ago, Soundwise said:

I'd be happy to give away my extra slots to people I know.

I'd be in on that too. Maybe give them away as NFR items? To schools/universities and low income neighborhoods across the world? How about it IK? Pitch in to help out?