IK Pick and Mix Group Buy

cclarry

On 9/14/2019 at 2:33 PM, antler said:

This might be a loaded question, but is there a good reason to get the mastering stuff if I have Ozone Advanced?

Apart from a few items (like the Lurssen) the so-called mastering plugins from IK are absolutely great for mixing. 

• Like 2

Don't want to take this too far afield of the IK Group Buy, but Zo and Piotr, I jumped at the Schep's Omni Channel and was pleasantly surprised at the "difference" between it and Neutron 3.  I really love all the presets as well - a great suggestion and oh my goodness...it was $26.  Sometimes I have to remind myself of how much better things have gotten from the Tascam 8-track days.  I do have to say as well that I'm really impressed by all of the video and help content Izotope publish - it makes learning the tools and integrating them in the workflow that much easier.  On the other hand, I love the nobs and all-in one view of the Omni channel - much easier for me to grasp, at least initially.  Now, for the group buy...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tomgu said:

I had JHAC for that upgrade price in my Custom shop, probably because I have Amplitube 3.

That's the only reason I can see you not getting credit for this purchase, that upgrade price. I think what it is with the other deals was that they came from a third party. IK Sold a boatload of Serial# to these people, then when they saw the Group buy, they saw an opportunity to make a buck. Like Peter (or Ryan I forget which) said, he was surprised they still had serial #'s left.

2 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Don't want to take this too far afield of the IK Group Buy, but Zo and Piotr, I jumped at the Schep's Omni Channel and was pleasantly surprised at the "difference" between it and Neutron 3.  I really love all the presets as well - a great suggestion and oh my goodness...it was $26.  Sometimes I have to remind myself of how much better things have gotten from the Tascam 8-track days.  I do have to say as well that I'm really impressed by all of the video and help content Izotope publish - it makes learning the tools and integrating them in the workflow that much easier.  On the other hand, I love the nobs and all-in one view of the Omni channel - much easier for me to grasp, at least initially.  Now, for the group buy...

Glad to hear ... workflow and reach of sound fast is key to be in the instant truth .... i just hanged on the phone with a friend ( a techno guy)  and explained to him how i m using my arturia minilab close to my oresonus atom,while komple 25 and mashine studio are on the closet ...just because i need everything upfront at reach and going to the basics fasts ....

Same with all tools ....and thats why something like omnichannel , for my part softube console 1 or modular Tracks is smething great ...

4 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Welcome to GAS family, Marc ;)

But anyway both Neutron 3  and Scheps Omni are outstanding ;)

But don't forget about Ozone8 which also can be used both as VST plug in DAW (with its brilliant  modules) and external tool with capabilities to use 3rd party VST plugins.

Pretty insane... ;)

This a track, mixed with just TR5 plugins.

https://yadi.sk/d/mzT1freFejR2Ug

This was intended to be just a mic test, to figure out what mic to use with my new 1x12 cabinet. I took a drum loop, played a simple riff and improvised over it. Then added a bass line and some Hammond pad. Then I decided to give T-Racks a try and put some modules across the tracks and busses. Honestly, I didn't expect it to sound this good for a roughly put together test. It took me only 3 hours from start to finish! That's including swapping mics, recording, etc.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

I went through the thread to see what T-Racks stuff would be best to get and I'm still clueless. LOL

What's your main needs? What are you looking for in the first place? Mixing, mastering, color, dynamics, basics, advanced features, etc...?

10 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

That's the main problem I guess. I have everything I need.

LOL understood! In that case only additional stuff that will give another/new color comes to mind. Vintage Tube Comp and EQ, EQ73/81, Black76, White2A and Opto will tick the boxes. Also Brit/White channels and the yellow Classics are great in that regard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chris.r said:

LOL understood! In that case only additional stuff that will give another/new color comes to mind. Vintage Tube Comp and EQ, EQ73/81, Black76, White2A and Opto will tick the boxes. Also Brit/White channels and the yellow Classics are great in that regard.

Will look into those. Thanks. :)

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 6:15 PM, Anxiousmofo said:

10 flights with Little Sebastian it is.

But that's not possible, since Little Sebastian is 5,000 candles in the wind now :(

On 9/15/2019 at 5:07 AM, Craig Fowler said:

Sorry Peter - sneakily quoting you in the hope it'll give you a notification. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do to help me--and the group buy is generous as is, so I'm not fussed if you can't

Long story short, I wasn't very strategic in how I used my freebie slots. I've bought in three times, twice quite early at the $149 tier and a third time later on at the $99 tier when I couldn't choose between some items! Alas, I did things such as burn a $149 freebie on things like Orange, Slash, and Fulltone  before jumping in with my $99 tier option. Do you have any cosmic clout that would let me 'bump' them over so they can count in my $99 buy in so I can free up some higher-tier slots for other things?

Gotta be worth a shot, right?

This would be something IK Support could look into for you but I'm not able to make changes to your specific account/purchases.  Typically there aren't substitutions in this group buy but I'm not sure what else they're able to come up with, if anything.

20 hours ago, Soundwise said:

This a track, mixed with just TR5 plugins.

https://yadi.sk/d/mzT1freFejR2Ug

This was intended to be just a mic test, to figure out what mic to use with my new 1x12 cabinet. I took a drum loop, played a simple riff and improvised over it. Then added a bass line and some Hammond pad. Then I decided to give T-Racks a try and put some modules across the tracks and busses. Honestly, I didn't expect it to sound this good for a roughly put together test. It took me only 3 hours from start to finish! That's including swapping mics, recording, etc.

Very nice!  👍

19 hours ago, TerraSin said:

I went through the thread to see what T-Racks stuff would be best to get and I'm still clueless. LOL

Please do note that you have 30 days after the promotion closes to choose so at least you have more time to be clueless!  :)

15 hours ago, chris.r said:

Aaaand, we're under 1K... finally!

I know you say finally, but note we're below 70/day average to reach the last tier, which is a market improvement over the days just following the crossing of the current tier.  Keep it up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Please do note that you have 30 days after the promotion closes to choose so at least you have more time to be clueless!  :)

Yup, going to be spending some time this week browsing through and getting acquainted with some options. There are just so many! heh