IK Pick and Mix Group Buy

cclarry

2 minutes ago, Cecelius2 said:

Is the Lurssen Mastering Console available to be purchased in the Custom Shop?  [This may have already been addresssed but this is a long thread and it is hard to find out)

I checked my Custom Shop and I can not find Lurssen Mastering in it.  I am probably going to join this group buy, but am trying to figure out what to get first.  I know that the Lurssen Mastering Console is $159 and that would allow the freebies to be almost anything else, but I can't find it in the Custom Shop.

Thanks for any assistance

C2

Nope , get it in stores ;)

16 minutes ago, antler said:

This might be a loaded question, but is there a good reason to get the mastering stuff if I have Ozone Advanced?

Depends if mastering is your job a just a quik stage to get something banging ....if you master Ozone and have no issue with it (stable) the answer is n ope !!

But as gearslutz tha we all are around , the answer would be .... more more more !!!

More seriously as a pro (still fortunate enouth to make a living of my skills)  , most of the time i do fast move during mastering ( regular plugins and Tracks is enougth) but if i get hired for mastering seriuous stuff that needs a lot of fixes , ozone is what i would use ...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zo said:

Depends if mastering is your job a just a quik stage to get something banging ....if you master Ozone and have no issue with it (stable) the answer is n ope !!

But as gearslutz tha we all are around , the answer would be .... more more more !!!

More seriously as a pro (still fortunate enouth to make a living of my skills)  , most of the time i do fast move during mastering ( regular plugins and Tracks is enougth) but if i get hired for mastering seriuous stuff that needs a lot of fixes , ozone is what i would use ...

Thanks.

I'm just an avid hobbyist that's developed a really bad case of GAS. I hadn't really looked into mastering with T-Racks before and I didn't know if there was some kind of must-have feature I was missing out on... that, and the temptation of a 'shiny new toy'.

Just now, antler said:

Thanks.

I'm just an avid hobbyist that's developed a really bad case of GAS. I hadn't really looked into mastering with T-Racks before and I didn't know if there was some kind of must-have feature I was missing out on... that, and the temptation of a 'shiny new toy'.

There's no must have at all ....Mastering require a lot of awarness and really secure and small moves , but the RIGHT ones ...

You have everything in ozone , we could organise a live tchat around with our other friends around that would be great ...but don't know how to make it ...maybe via my youtube channel .... anyway 

Bandlab should create a way to make video conf between members !!

• Great Idea 1

That's a cool idea, Zo.  So much experience wrapped up in this forum!!! I had the same question around Schep Omni and whether it was something i would "need" in addition to Izotope MPS 2.1.  I don't have enough expertise with the Itope stuff to begin with and then Omni channel shows up for $26 and I think "I could have that in case I need it".  Then I would play with it and spend what little time I have A/B testing and not writing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

I had the same question around Schep Omni and whether it was something i would "need" in addition to Izotope MPS 2.1.

Just comparing tools provided you don't... You can do everything with izotope and even more... However the thing is they sound different (and this is one of reasons why it is so easy to be trapped by GAS). So if you would like to have more 'colors' you could go for it...

But....

My advice is to skip all sales till BF (end of November) and use the time to master izotope suite.

Do as many different tasks as possible. When you are master at izotope suite you will have better understanding what is lacking for you (if anything) and you will be able in fact do any task without any new buying.

Edited by Piotr
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

That's a cool idea, Zo.  So much experience wrapped up in this forum!!! I had the same question around Schep Omni and whether it was something i would "need" in addition to Izotope MPS 2.1.  I don't have enough expertise with the Itope stuff to begin with and then Omni channel shows up for $26 and I think "I could have that in case I need it".  Then I would play with it and spend what little time I have A/B testing and not writing. 

Marc , the omni channel is a great purchase if you don't own a channel strip , those type of tools are not only about sound (witch by the way is exellent) but also about workflow , channel strips shine in this area ...but a lot of people used to get other plugins because lacking this or that ...the beauty of the omni is that missing stuff back then i here !!! and you can also insert other waves plugins bewtenn modules !!! 

10 hours ago, antler said:

This might be a loaded question, but is there a good reason to get the mastering stuff if I have Ozone Advanced?

This is where I'm sitting too.......but GAS. Nuff said.  I mean if you're going to throw me 10 other plugins......I know it's a marketing tactic. I guess I like being marketed to like this lol. As an aside, another very pleasant mastering surprise for me was Waves Abbey Road TG Mastering chain. I picked that up on a deal. Unlike Lurssen you can adjust those modules. Also several killer presets included. No it isn't like Ozone or TRacks where you can load up tunes stand alone and master them. So what? Master them in the daw.

Edited by Starise

On 9/13/2019 at 3:04 AM, Tomgu said:

IK support told me that it’s value is exactly that and not 99 eur as is the full price of the collection.

I bought a Qualifying product on sale for $49 that lists for $99. I got all the freebies at and below $99 once I registered that Qualifying  product.

Lesson to learn here, when you buy something to  Qualifying for the group buy, make sure it is a Qualifying product.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:04 AM, Tomgu said:

Proceed with caution... I purchased an upgrade to Jimi Hendrix Anniversary Collection (39.99 eur in Custom Shop).

Not sure I am understanding here. The JHA AT collection IS Qualifying product, so I am not sure what a "JHAC upgrade" is exactly. However, if you only paid $39 eur for it, I would suspect it's not a Qualifying product because of the fact that the JHAC is $99 everywhere I looked. 

I post this to hopefully help others that don't have the time to read this whole thread to bring to their attention that there are ways to get in on this great group buy without paying full price for 'some' products. But when you do buy these cheaper products, make certain that they are a Qualifying product.

Edited by Grem

2 hours ago, Grem said:

I bought a Qualifying product on sale for $49 that lists for $99. I got all the freebies at and below $99 once I registered that Qualifying  product.

Lesson to learn here, when you buy something to  Qualifying for the group buy, make sure it is a Qualifying product.

Not sure I am understanding here. The JHA AT collection IS Qualifying product, so I am not sure what a "JHAC upgrade" is exactly. However, if you only paid $39 eur for it, I would suspect it's not a Qualifying product because of the fact that the JHAC is $99 everywhere I looked. 

Yup, I posted this as a Lesson learned for others. I had JHAC for that upgrade price in my Custom shop, probably because I have Amplitube 3.

I thought there's a high chance this will be valued at the full price in the group buy, because there were other examples. I mean the highly discounted Fender collections, and especially the ARC system 2.5 crossgrade people bought directly from IK for 99 eur (discussed earlier in this thread). By the way, the ARC crossgrade isn't listed in the qualifying products.

On 9/14/2019 at 6:31 AM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Odd, definitely might want to clear cache and/or cookies.  We're at 4780 (1220 to go) with 17 days left.  Good odds at this rate!  Keep the push going!

Sorry Peter - sneakily quoting you in the hope it'll give you a notification. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do to help me--and the group buy is generous as is, so I'm not fussed if you can't

Long story short, I wasn't very strategic in how I used my freebie slots. I've bought in three times, twice quite early at the $149 tier and a third time later on at the $99 tier when I couldn't choose between some items! Alas, I did things such as burn a $149 freebie on things like Orange, Slash, and Fulltone  before jumping in with my $99 tier option. Do you have any cosmic clout that would let me 'bump' them over so they can count in my $99 buy in so I can free up some higher-tier slots for other things?

Gotta be worth a shot, right?

• Like 1