IK Pick and Mix Group Buy

cclarry

23 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Now if FedEx would only update their tracking to commit to actually delivering my Axe I/O today, as promised.

Where's that crossed fingers emoji when I need it?  I know it varies depending on service in your area but they seem to like to pop updates out of nowhere (sometimes post-delivery) where I am.   Though that's near me, I know a lot of people like their service overall and I'm sure these things improve (or vary) even in the same area.  Waiting for mine to get a tad more accurate, but hey, I've only lived here 10 years.  There's still hope!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Where's that crossed fingers emoji when I need it?  I know it varies depending on service in your area but they seem to like to pop updates out of nowhere (sometimes post-delivery) where I am.   Though that's near me, I know a lot of people like their service overall and I'm sure these things improve (or vary) even in the same area.  Waiting for mine to get a tad more accurate, but hey, I've only lived here 10 years.  There's still hope!

For me, Fed Ex is top notch.  Have always been on time.  UPS not so much, but not bad either...
so won't complain about either!

• Like 1

It's shipping to my work in the business-sector downtown of a major city.  Hopefully they get it together! Still no sign of "Out for Delivery," despite today begin the projected delivery date.

Kicker is it arrived here two days ago. 

Working on my patience. :)

Edited by Anxiousmofo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

For me, Fed Ex is top notch.  Have always been on time.  UPS not so much, but not bad either...
so won't complain about either!

They rescheduled to tomorrow despite its having arrived in town two days ago, per tracking.  Good times!

Edited by Anxiousmofo
  • Sad 1

I'm going with Orange this time. I don't play guitar so I may not need it really but liked the demos sound, might be useful one day if a guitar player comes around. Won't pick the Ampegs simply because I plan to buy Modo bass one day (will have to wait for a good sale) and it's already equipped with some Ampegs iirc. As a keyboard player I'm definitely going to try out the sound of Fulltone on my pianos and organs :).

19 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Won't pick the Ampegs simply because I plan to buy Modo bass one day (will have to wait for a good sale) and it's already equipped with some Ampegs iirc.

From the SVX2 website:

Go for the perfect match and unleash the full power of bass with Ampeg® SVX 2 and MODO BASS, our revolutionary physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument for Mac/PC.

There may be components of SVX 1 in MODO Bass, but I can't say for sure. There's an Amp/FX section within MODO Bass where you can choose between a Tube or Solid State amp; you have some EQ controls (i.e. bass/mid/treble), but that's it. You don't get SVX 1 as a product that you can use in Amplitube.

You can use the two in conjunction though: you turn up the DI and turn down the AMP gain from within MODO Bass, and you can chain any amp sim you like after MODO Bass.

Edit: you get some pedal effects within MODO Bass too. Not sure what they're based off.

Edited by antler
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I would expect a cut-down version in MODO of what Amplitube has to offer, would need to investigate further. But I don't feel a need for anything sophisticated since I don't have MODO yet. First things first.

What music styles Ampeg's sound suits best?

Edited by chris.r

"Your AXE I/O purchase allows you to redeem bonus content from this dropdown list, valued at $/€349.99 or less! :"

It won't let me pick what I want.  Scrolling skips a lot of stuff.   I want another copy of TR5.  What is up with that?   The same issue exists on Chrome and FF.

Anyone else have this issue?  

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

I'm going with Orange this time. I don't play guitar so I may not need it really but liked the demos sound, might be useful one day if a guitar player comes around. Won't pick the Ampegs simply because I plan to buy Modo bass one day (will have to wait for a good sale) and it's already equipped with some Ampegs iirc. As a keyboard player I'm definitely going to try out the sound of Fulltone on my pianos and organs :).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lawajava said:

Well from this video i see how well S1 aged ....they done some work to it lol !! 

And of course Orange is top notch , i tried the 2 last release and it's cpu hogging for real .... so i'll stick with old release for now including orange !! light on cpu and still exellent