IK Pick and Mix Group Buy

cclarry

My AXE I/O arrived this morning and the GB options appeared in my account as soon as I registered it. 👍🏻

Looking forward to installing and giving it a good audition later on.

First impressions are that it's physically smaller than I thought it would be and feels very well built/made to last despite the plastic sides. The knobs are all smooth and don't have any play in them and the switches have a nice positive action. I like that the XLR inputs are on the back so I can hide my mic input there and focus on the guitar inputs at the front.

I am really looking forward to being able to access the Amplitube presets from the front panel though...one of my pet hates about Amplitube are the cascading menus which can make it tricky to select presets. The GB also means that I will now own everything that's available in Amplitube so no more popups about missing effects etc.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, musical said:

Heads up that Arc system 2.5 is available on Amazon US for $99 ***WITH THE MICROPHONE!!!***

https://www.amazon.com/IK-Multimedia-correction-measurement-microphone/dp/B0741D3PD4

This gives a value of €199.99 in the group buy [corrected].

With shippping and duties to the UK, the cost is about $125, so much, much cheaper than the €201.29 the IK shop charges with shipping or the £173.53 on Amazon UK.

Even better if you live in the US. 

I couldn't resist.

I couldn't resist either. When they extended the GB I got ARC 2.5 on Amazon. I've tested it on my PA system. What a difference. I'm interested to see how that effects amp sims - I've obviously been fighting room acoustics when working with the PA.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZincT said:

My AXE I/O arrived this morning and the GB options appeared in my account as soon as I registered it. 👍🏻

Looking forward to installing and giving it a good audition later on.

First impressions are that it's physically smaller than I thought it would be and feels very well built/made to last despite the plastic sides. The knobs are all smooth and don't have any play in them and the switches have a nice positive action. I like that the XLR inputs are on the back so I can hide my mic input there and focus on the guitar inputs at the front.

I am really looking forward to being able to access the Amplitube presets from the front panel though...one of my pet hates about Amplitube are the cascading menus which can make it tricky to select presets. The GB also means that I will now own everything that's available in Amplitube so no more popups about missing effects etc.

Congrats ZT!!

I think you'll like it. I also feel the same about Amplitube's menu's....of course, I've been using Bias Amp and also love the new FX2 I recently got. Post back with your thoughts...

• Like 1

Just now, Mesh said:

Congrats ZT!!

I think you'll like it. I also feel the same about Amplitube's menu's....of course, I've been using Bias Amp and also love the new FX2 I recently got. Post back with your thoughts...

Cheers Mesh! Well, I am all up and running and it's sounding great with a nice low latency! 👍🏻 

The only issue I have is that I cannot get the preset knob on the front to do anything in Amplitube.  I have checked the MIDI settings in Amplitube and in the Axe I/O control software but no joy so far. I am using version 4.9 of Amplitube which should work OK according to the documentation and the interface was already on the latest firmware (1.04).  Any thoughts on what the issue is?

Anyone else with an Axe I/O got it working or did it just work out of the box? In Amplitube when you go into MIDI, "presets control" is checked and the MIDI channel set to the same as the Axe I/O. However, when I select Control Change -- Global and "Learn" it does not detect any movement or push of the preset knob.  🤔 

6 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Cheers Mesh! Well, I am all up and running and it's sounding great with a nice low latency! 👍🏻 

The only issue I have is that I cannot get the preset knob on the front to do anything in Amplitube.  I have checked the MIDI settings in Amplitube and in the Axe I/O control software but no joy so far. I am using version 4.9 of Amplitube which should work OK according to the documentation and the interface was already on the latest firmware (1.04).  Any thoughts on what the issue is?

Anyone else with an Axe I/O got it working or did it just work out of the box? In Amplitube when you go into MIDI, "presets control" is checked and the MIDI channel set to the same as the Axe I/O. However, when I select Control Change -- Global and "Learn" it does not detect any movement or push of the preset knob.  🤔 

Glad to hear everything is working solid! In AmpliTube select your MIDI input as the AXE I/O. This is under Settings -> Audio/MIDI Set up. Once selected, you can turn preset control on/off in the MIDI menu toward the top of the screen.

The knob doesn't need any addition set up, but if you want you can adjust the messages sent by the knob in the Control section of your AXE I/O control panel.  If you think you've changed your MIDI message for the Preset knob and that may be your issue, right click anywhere in the Control section to reset your setting to default.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Ryan IK Multimedia said:

Glad to hear everything is working solid! In AmpliTube select your MIDI input as the AXE I/O. This is under Settings -> Audio/MIDI Set up. Once selected, you can turn preset control on/off in the MIDI menu toward the top of the screen.

The knob doesn't need any addition set up, but if you want you can adjust the messages sent by the knob in the Control section of your AXE I/O control panel.  If you think you've changed your MIDI message for the Preset knob and that may be your issue, right click anywhere in the Control section to reset your setting to default.

Thanks Ryan, that sorted it! That's the only setting I didn't notice 🤦🏻‍♂️ All working fine now 👍🏻 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ZincT said:

My AXE I/O arrived this morning and ....

The GB also means that I will now own everything that's available in Amplitube so no more popups about missing effects etc.

That's what I thought but it turns out there's a number of things (amps, cabs, stomps) that only come with Amplitube MAX bundle or as separate purchases in the Custom Shop.  Seem a bit off-kilter that the upgrade from having everything Amplitube to Amplitube MAX is $299.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

it turns out there's a number of things (amps, cabs, stomps) that only come with Amplitube MAX bundle or as separate purchases

That's what I was telling Zo in another thread. It seems IK just throws stuff out there with no rhyme or reason to it! Like the Fender Princeton Amp. Why is it not in one of the Fender collections?

Marketing I guess.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

Guyz , stupid question but is teh MEtal Collection is included in amplitbe Deluxe (witch i have) ? i see on custom shop stuff i own in the collection others i don't ...

Final thing i'm testing is the Slash , is it me or the gain stage in this is all other the place ?!!

Edited by Zo

9 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

On the main head there are lots of switches affecting the gain. I did also have something weird happen after scrolling back to Slash from another amp where the volume just vanished. Not sure if either of those things sounds like what you're seeing.

Sounded great though!

Same here , of course i go straight to master gain (on amp and main gui also) but it's all other the place and makes going threw persets useless unless i resave those  properly gainstaged ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anxiousmofo said:

They could always let another third-party retailer run another sweetheart deal on a qualifying item or two.

One should have sold out before this, surprised they had serials left on that deal and the other was for IMSTA but of course those blow out online too, so we don't even try to make anything exclusive to attendees.  In other words, it will take a mistake for that to happen again during this group buy :)

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

One should have sold out before this, surprised they had serials left on that deal and the other was for IMSTA but of course those blow out online too, so we don't even try to make anything exclusive to attendees.  In other words, it will take a mistake for that to happen again during this group buy :)

Mistakes are how we learn to grow, Peter.  Let it grow!

Edited by Anxiousmofo
  • Like 2