IK Pick and Mix Group Buy

cclarry

Guyz literraly as i type i said ok im' gonna try those fuking amps ...orange ....then i saw a pack with a hairy guy again , click show gear and Bammmm i see one of my all time fav Amp =  Roland JC 120  a jazz amp alelouyah lol  those rock n roll heads knows some lol but the mesaboogie i didn t expected this to be the real thing , i might jump just for those !!! 

@Peter - IK Multimedia can you check my last posts on the x saturator thread ... thks ...

Edited by Zo

13 hours ago, Zo said:

one of my all time fav Amp =  Roland JC 120  a jazz amp

Me too! I used to own one!  Not to side-track this thread, but I saw this a while ago and bought it in the Custom Shop.  ...and I still can't figure out how to use it.    😟

Shouldn't it show up in Amplitude when I instantiate the plugin in my DAW?

31 minutes ago, mibby said:

Me too! I used to own one!  Not to side-track this thread, but I saw this a while ago and bought it in the Custom Shop.  ...and I still can't figure out how to use it.    😟

Did you try the Restore My Gear button in Custom Shop?

image.png.5aef40d0e80d994cdcb6c04089e8ad97.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know this may be obvious . . .   But :

-Restore your gear (using Custom Shop)

-Go find the amp you paid for (Roland JC 120  a jazz amp)

- It should say when you purchased it.

Now if it does not show up as "purchased on XXX" - then that would be the problem.  If it does show up as purchased, and not in Amplitube, make sure you are running the latest version (go to your user area to check).

If the version of Amplitube is not up to date it could be that the model of amp has not been added yet (although it does sound like you found it from what you said).

If it is still not instantiated . . .  contact support.

If the amp was from some bundle (for example Fender collection) - you may need to use the manager to activate the serial number in your account.

I hope this helps . . .

Syphus

Edited by Syphus
additions - clairification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Best way to spike the Group Buy:

add the Brian May pack

😎

We tried to tell them this!!! But they are allowing the BM pack to be purchased with Jam Points/Gear Credits so they are giving a discount.  And IIRC, they don't usually let you use Gear Credits on a new product. But they did on this one, which is why I was able to grab it for $67. 

But just think what would have went on if they would have introduced the Brain May at a $99 intro price, and it's eligible for the group buy!!? We'd be over the 6000 mark by now. Peter, ya'll need to seriously talk to those marketing guys. They missed a golden opportunity!!

Maybe there was some type of contractual agreement that prohibited this? IDK

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grem said:

We tried to tell them this!!! But they are allowing the BM pack to be purchased with Jam Points/Gear Credits so they are giving a discount.  And IIRC, they don't usually let you use Gear Credits on a new product. But they did on this one, which is why I was able to grab it for $67. 

But just think what would have went on if they would have introduced the Brain May at a $99 intro price, and it's eligible for the group buy!!? We'd be over the 6000 mark by now. Peter, ya'll need to seriously talk to those marketing guys. They missed a golden opportunity!!

Maybe there was some type of contractual agreement that prohibited this? IDK

It's a new product.  Group buys are rare these days so it's hard to compare what others do. If it were offered many of us would get it free.   I admit the money put in IK products vs. the return is very lopsided in my favor.  You could wait for the next group buy to get it.    If I was just starting in this DAW madness, TR5 and the extra choices would be killer.

Is it some kind of magic , really that good ? I didn t tried it yet and don t plan lol ...

@Soundwise i didn t watched the video but the orange pack is on pair with the fender quality wise , it sounds like gtr , the 200 for bass isn t that versatyle and crazy but the rest is really soundwise (lol) something on its own ....

14 hours ago, mibby said:

You have 2 roland 120 , one from the custom shop , and one from the Dimbag bundle 

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/dimebag/

to my surprise it sounds way different than the custom shop one ...

The Dimbag bundle : hate the presets and the other amp ...

Edited by Zo
  • Thanks 1

Heads up that Arc system 2.5 is available on Amazon US for $99 ***WITH THE MICROPHONE!!!***

https://www.amazon.com/IK-Multimedia-correction-measurement-microphone/dp/B0741D3PD4

This gives a value of €199.99 in the group buy [corrected].

With shippping and duties to the UK, the cost is about $125, so much, much cheaper than the €201.29 the IK shop charges with shipping or the £173.53 on Amazon UK.

Even better if you live in the US. 

I couldn't resist.

Edited by musical
add.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1