IK Pick and Mix Group Buy

cclarry

With the Custom Shop you can buy a collection but not try one.
If you want to try something you have to go into components - for example click on Amp, then click on item in menu that pops up then drill down through pages of items that may or may not belong to the collection you're interested in. 
I find the Custom Shop great for checking out T-Racks items but for anything else a frustrating massively time consuming mess.

When the Axe i/O arrives I'm going to evaluate it and the software it comes with.  If I don't feel that on its own that the package is worth the over $400 that it's costing me - I'm returning it.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

If you want to try something you have to go into components - for example click on Amp, then click on item in menu that pops up then drill down through pages of items that may or may not belong to the collection you're interested in. 
I find the Custom Shop great for checking out T-Racks items but for anything else a frustrating massively time consuming mess.

When the Axe i/O arrives I'm going to evaluate it and the software it comes with.  If I don't feel that on its own that the package is worth the over $400 that it's costing me - I'm returning it.

I think you will love the Axe I/O. I am also excited on it being just my Audio Interface as my Roland Quad Capture is old, but still very functional. Also, I have the Helix so I am excited about using it with Helix Native. I think we will love our Axe I/O's, hang in there!

I must say i use the Amplitube Darrell CFH a lot more than I ever thought I would. I am not a real metal guy but man that is a fun package!

46 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

As for the Axe you can download the user guide. Just so you know you can't run it on USB power alone.

58 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I got the TR version as you can use it separately in a DAW. 

You can also do that with Amplitube.  Just insert it in the effects rack.   You can add the Tracks Leslie after Amplitube. IK discontinued where you got both in a package.

4 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Don't know whether to get the TR Leslie or the AT Leslie.  

I don't have the T-Racks version, but I can tell you that Amplitube version rocks. Love the way you can change the amp, use stomp boxes in front, tailor the way mics set up, and all the control of the cabinet and amp that you have in Amplitube.

Not saying one is better, just giving MHO on the Amplitube Leslie version. I love it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grem said:

I don't have the T-Racks version, but I can tell you that Amplitube version rocks. Love the way you can change the amp, use stomp boxes in front, tailor the way mics set up, and all the control of the cabinet and amp that you have in Amplitube.

Not saying one is better, just giving MHO on the Amplitube Leslie version. I love it!

I watched a video yesterday on leslie simulators. The AT has a better bottom end than the TR version.   I'll get the AT version. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 11:41 AM, TheSteven said:

Thanks for your feedback. While we do like the options for users to try out any piece of gear, at anytime, as this does allow for the most customization and some users may want to say TRY just a specific cab without starting the trial on associated the amp just yet. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team as a user suggestion to see what can be done in the future.

As for the included gear, check out the full list of software here. This will help you check everything out before you receive the unit and anticipate your different options. AXE I/O gets you some great stuff. If you have any trouble getting started, don't forget to reach out to support. They are more than happy to help in anyway they can.

Edited by Ryan IK Multimedia
Link missing a character.

15 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

The AT has a better bottom end than the TR version.

Oh, that would be a bit disappointing if it's true. I can't imagine how could that happen. Anyway I'm going with the Amplitube version myself (or maybe both, depending on what will happen next to the group buy, there are still 5 days left ;)), so no much worries here, just wondering.

17 hours ago, Grem said:

Keep in mind you can only use the T-Racks version in T-Racks standalone if you use T-Racks that way. Getting both versions is most flexible.

38 minutes ago, DaGeek said:

Keep in mind you can only use the T-Racks version in T-Racks standalone if you use T-Racks that way. Getting both versions is most flexible.

This would be a deal breaker if it was true:

Mac® (64-bits)

Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.9 or later.
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.

Windows® (64-bits)

Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows® 7, Windows® 8 or Windows® 10. Requires an ASIO compatible sound card. 
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.

8 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

This would be a deal breaker if it was true:

Mac® (64-bits)

Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.9 or later.
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.

Windows® (64-bits)

Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows® 7, Windows® 8 or Windows® 10. Requires an ASIO compatible sound card. 
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.

What I meant is you can only insert the T-Racks version in T-Racks standalone. You can use both versions inside a DAW.

4 hours ago, DaGeek said:

What I meant is you can only insert the T-Racks version in T-Racks standalone. You can use both versions inside a DAW.

I think you guys have gotten things cleared up, but just in case...  To clarify, both T-RackS and AmpliTube versions of the Leslie collections work great in Stand-alone and also as plug-in inside your DAW. The Leslie collection in T-RackS is available as a single module or in the T-RackS 5 Suite when using your DAW and the T-RackS 5 Stand-alone software will also allow you to load the Leslie collection, outside of your DAW.

11 minutes ago, DaGeek said:

Already up to 2420 - no way they add another tier with 5 days left...

Only one place to find out! ;)Sign up for the IK newsletter here or track the main Group Buy page here.

Edited by Ryan IK Multimedia
Add quote.
  • Like 2