IK Pick and Mix Group Buy

cclarry

8 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

T-Racks are great

Yes it really is. I have a lot of the same type of Waves plugins (Pultec, 670 comp, ect) and I always reach for the T-Racks stuff. I just like the way they sound. The EQ PB, PA, 73, & 81 are really my fave EQ's. 

I received the ARC 2.5 with mic yesterday.  All at the cross grade price of $99. Very prompt handling and shipping. I had been looking at this for awhile, but the full price, non-group promotion wasn’t in my wallet. I do have the Sonarworks headphone edition, but wanted something to help look at my overall big ideas, but tiny room office! 

Registered and authorized.  It does seem like I can choose some slightly higher priced items through the current group promotions.  Like others I do wish some of the SampleTank instruments were part of this. I would almost guarantee they will be next year. 

Now, what else to choose? That some day, I might even use!

Edited by balinas
Added words of wisdom.
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, balinas said:

I received the ARC 2.5 with mic yesterday.  All at the cross grade price of $99. Very prompt handling and shipping. I had been looking at this for awhile, but the full price, non-group promotion wasn’t in my wallet. I do have the Sonarworks headphone edition, but wanted something to help look at my overall big ideas, but tiny room office! 

Registered and authorized.  It does seem like I can choose some slightly higher priced items through the current group promotions.  Like others I do wish some of the SampleTank instruments were part of this. I would almost guarantee they will be next year. 

Now, what else to choose? That some day, I might even use!

Tape 24, 80 - sounds really nice!

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

Is the mic for ARC 2.5 part of this deal or just softstuff?

I have ARC 2.5,(got it for $35 a while ago) but not the new mic

The MEM mic comes with the ARC 2.5 cross grade for $99.  I think the crossgrade price is for anyone who already owns some level of an IKM product.  

On the group buy website it says "ARC System 2.5 Acoustic Room Correction System plug-in with MEMS microphone €99.99 excl. VAT", from that I assume it does come with the MEMS microphone. It only doesn't say anything about the shipment and I'm wondering how much would it cost in UK.

Anybody have a clue whether this new MEMS mic is more (or less) useful for doing some recordings, than the previous one (before MEMS)? It's omni only, so probably makes no sense to have an acoustic guitar or vocal recorded with it.

54 minutes ago, chris.r said:

On the group buy website it says "ARC System 2.5 Acoustic Room Correction System plug-in with MEMS microphone €99.99 excl. VAT", from that I assume it does come with the MEMS microphone. It only doesn't say anything about the shipment and I'm wondering how much would it cost in UK.

Anybody have a clue whether this new MEMS mic is more (or less) useful for doing some recordings, than the previous one (before MEMS)? It's omni only, so probably makes no sense to have an acoustic guitar or vocal recorded with it.

Drop IKM a line and ask about shipping to the U.K.  On top of the value added post manufacturing, pre consumer scheme, called by many different names, shipping could be a bit depending on the locations of their warehouse.  

Interesting question as to the usefulness of using this MEM mic for a general recording. Perhaps I might try it out and compare to one of my regular mics!  But Right now that isn’t something I could do quickly. May take a few days.  or so. And of course it’s only my very unsubjective opinion.  

After reading my response, it’s incredible how plainly unhelpful I can be at times. Cheers!

• Haha 1

I worked for the largest MEMS microphone manufacturer in the world and the advantages MEMS microphones have are

• consistency / less variation
  • minimal aging
  • very small (so they can be put in strange locations/cases)
  •  surface mount, easy for automated processes to put them on PCBs
  • can be used as ultra-sonic detectors (i.e., they can have very high frequency response)

They still suffer from

• (relatively) high noise (SNR of 65dB is very good for MEMs mics - not a problem for room compensation measurements)
  • low headroom (typically 120dB SPL max -  not a problem for room compensation measurements)
  • a somewhat restricted flat frequency response (which can be "mostly" compensated for since they don't have much part-part variation - but it might eliminate the need to have a serial number with a custom measured frequency response)
  • sensitivity typically has a +/-3dB variation (probably not a problem for room compensation measurements)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, chris.r said:

Yes, it would include the MEMS mic so it would have to ship to you.  Shipping to your address would be calculated in your cart during the checkout process.

15 hours ago, balinas said:

The MEM mic comes with the ARC 2.5 cross grade for $99.  I think the crossgrade price is for anyone who already owns some level of an IKM product.  

Correct.  The crossgrade is available to anyone with a purchased & registered product worth 99.99+ in their account.     Anybody can check what they are eligible for in their IK User Area under "Eligibility" https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/eligibility

22 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

Is the mic for ARC 2.5 part of this deal or just softstuff?

I have ARC 2.5,(got it for $35 a while ago) but not the new mic

See above, the version with MEMS microphone is a qualifying product in this group buy https://www.ikmultimedia.com/pickandmix

3 hours ago, fret_man said:

I worked for the largest MEMS microphone manufacturer in the world and the advantages MEMS microphones have are

• consistency / less variation
  • minimal aging
  • very small (so they can be put in strange locations/cases)
  •  surface mount, easy for automated processes to put them on PCBs
  • can be used as ultra-sonic detectors (i.e., they can have very high frequency response)

They still suffer from

• (relatively) high noise (SNR of 65dB is very good for MEMs mics - not a problem for room compensation measurements)
  • low headroom (typically 120dB SPL max -  not a problem for room compensation measurements)
  • a somewhat restricted flat frequency response (which can be "mostly" compensated for since they don't have much part-part variation - but it might eliminate the need to have a serial number with a custom measured frequency response)
  • sensitivity typically has a +/-3dB variation (probably not a problem for room compensation measurements)

Yes, we chose to use a MEMS microphone for the first two advantages and because any of the disadvantages you mention would not be a factor in this type of use case.  Thanks!

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia

On 8/6/2019 at 7:32 AM, balinas said:

I received the ARC 2.5 with mic yesterday.  All at the cross grade price of $99. Very prompt handling and shipping. 

Registered and authorized.  It does seem like I can choose some slightly higher priced items through the current group promotions.  

Can you be more specific about which items you can choose when you buy the $99 crossgrade?  In particular, what is the highest priced option if you go that route?

25 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Shipping to your address would be calculated in your cart during the checkout process.

Thanks Peter. I've been trying to check the shipping price in the cart but my country is greyed out and I cant update it to UK, not in the cart nor on the profile page. What gives?

1 hour ago, SmokeyJ628 said:

Can you be more specific about which items you can choose when you buy the $99 crossgrade?  In particular, what is the highest priced option if you go that route?

I did get the Fender collection 2 which was listed at $149 on the promotion list. I could not get the Lurrsen Mastering Console, as it didn't show up in my list of available promotions.  Dyna-Mu for $124.99 also showed up on the list, but I already have that processor.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

Thanks Peter. I've been trying to check the shipping price in the cart but my country is greyed out and I cant update it to UK, not in the cart nor on the profile page. What gives?

You cannot change your country directly.  IK Support will be able to do it for you via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

30 minutes ago, cclarry said:

The Lurssen is $159.99..had you bought that, then 
you could have gotten anything else that's offered.

Yes, this is the case.  If there's a need to make changes to what was purchased, please use the link above.

1 hour ago, balinas said:

I did get the Fender collection 2 which was listed at $149 on the promotion list. I could not get the Lurrsen Mastering Console, as it didn't show up in my list of available promotions.  Dyna-Mu for $124.99 also showed up on the list, but I already have that processor.  

Correct, see Larry's reply.  Lurssen Mastering Console costs more than what you bought, and any freebies are of equal or lesser value.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1