No audio devices message

KSband

Question

The last couple days cakewalk has randomly popped up a message saying "There are no audio devices for the current driver model on your system. Please to to Edit\preference\audio\playbck and recording and choose a different driver model. "  The driver is set to MME in the preferences. This happened yesterday and had to restart the computer to get it to work.  This happened today when I added GTtune to the master to tune my bass, no sound. I've used that plugin for a long time.  

7 answers to this question

Those are not even choices on that box. It's MME or U something, I forgot.

I noticed when I restarted cakewalk the GTtune was gone from the master bus.  Thinking it may have something to do with it. Weird though since I've been using it for a couple years.

1 hour ago, KSband said:

Those are not even choices on that box. It's MME or U something, I forgot.

That does not sound right.

Are you looking in Preferences - Audio - Playback and Recording > Driver mode ?

If you are and WASAPI or ASIO are not showing up as options, then you have bigger issues.......

Do you have the latest Focusrite 2i2 drivers loaded?

Do you have any other software open that is using the Focusrite in ASIO mode.  If using later drivers than the BETA drivers version 4.87.4.709, that will prevent Cakewalk from seeing the Focusrite (as least on my system anyway).

Note: This is why I am still on BETA drivers  4.87.4.709 11 Dec 2020.  This was the last version that does not have this issue.