Indiginus's The Steel - Electric Lap Steel Guitar Released with Intro Price of $49

Reid Rosefelt

20 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I'm about to jump on OTS Slide Bundle for $42.38 in the Group Buy!
I'm just waiting to make sure something better doesn't come along....
but I don't see how anything better can come along!

OTS beats ‘em all, but that ImpactSoundworks one isn’t bad either. 

this one looks and sounds nice but I for one would have difficulty triggering articulations with velocities. I see you can also do it with keyswitches.

unless I am chewing gum simultaneously, then nothing is possible at all.

Edited by emeraldsoul
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, slartabartfast said:

OK I'll bite.  What is OTS? What is slide bundle?

Orange Tree Samples...they just had a group by for up to 60% off...
Fleer posted the link...and I had some Orange Slices...which are bonus
points for buying...

Set the preset, "Cryin."    Use one finger or sometimes two to play legato.  No key switches. Forget about everything and play.

If you want to work in your DAW afterwards  to add other articulations  (harmonics, etc) and effects,  it's easy to do.  

Edited by Tiger The Frog
  • Like 5

yeah I know but you have to hit it harder, and a certain bit harder, to trigger the slide articulation. For me that's a different brain concept but glad it's easy for others. I've heard all 3 demos and I'd give the nod to the Impact Soundworks one as well. Could just be a better demo video though.

28 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

yeah I know but you have to hit it harder, and a certain bit harder, to trigger the slide articulation. For me that's a different brain concept but glad it's easy for others. I've heard all 3 demos and I'd give the nod to the Impact Soundworks one as well. Could just be a better demo video though.

Of course the Impact Soundworks on is a pedal steel, quite a more complex instrument. I have had the Wavelore pedal steel Kontakt library for years (I don't think its available anymore?) but could never quite get my head around the complexity of it all.

Lap steels are a lot simpler, I even have one I made myself from some old planks.

I went ahead and bought Indiginus the Steel, so now I have Impact Soundworks pedal steel and also somewhere around here is Wavelore which, like Glyn, I never could get my head around. The IS pedal is nice but Indiginus sounds pretty darn good and is dead easy to use.

Indiginus & OTS require Kontakt Full version.

Impact Soundworks can use the free Kontakt Player.

Wavelore PS is too complicated and pricey for average consumption.

Earlier I was able to use SI-Bass' slide feature with a free Pedal Steel sfz set by modifying one of the PROG files. Crude but works & sounds pretty good.

Edited by sjoens
  • Like 1