Amplitube and Tonex Updated

cclarry

If you're wondering why you don't have any free HD/SSD space, check your IKM download folder.

I had 50 GB of old Tonex and AmpliTube installation files there. And other old versions of IKM files that can be deleted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, BTP said:

If you're wondering why you don't have any free HD/SSD space, check your IKM download folder.

I had 50 GB of old Tonex and AmpliTube installation files there. And other old versions of IKM files that can be deleted.

i move all the contents from there onto a external drive for backup.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

i move all the contents from there onto a external drive for backup.

There's no point to keep old versions of the application installation files. (Instrument/data files of course should be saved.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Last Call said:

It's tiresome to download 3 GB every time there is an update and IKM, among other developers, don't care... lol

they care a little bit though I suspect because the CDN will charge them per download, which is why IKM have that awful charge to re-download after 12 months.

UVI win the 'Massive Download For A Tiny Update' award 2023 though. 

They consider a 3 GB download for wimps.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BTP said:

It's safe to delete the IKM download folder. It gets recreated anytime IKM Product Manager downloads anything.

4 minutes ago, abacab said:

It's safe to delete the IKM download folder. It gets recreated anytime IKM Product Manager downloads anything.

The software files can be deleted, but the sound/instrument downloads expire so people want to keep those files in case they need to be reinstalled.

22 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Disk space is cheap. And you never know if you may need to revert to older version.  

You don't need to backup the plugins, such as Amplitube or T-RackS. The IK downloads for those never expire.

Only the IK sound content/samples downloads for the instruments expire after 180 days.

I just thought it was a relevant point to make, considering that this is  an Amplitube thread, and as such this product is not affected by expiration policies. Unless you just want assurance against IKM going out of business, or having a full subscription meltdown, etc. ;)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, abacab said:

You don't need to backup the plugins, such as Amplitube or T-RackS. The IK downloads for those never expire.

Only the IK sound content/samples downloads for the instruments expire after 180 days.

I just thought it was a relevant point to make, considering that this is  an Amplitube thread, and as such this product is not affected by expiration policies. Unless you just want assurance against IKM going out of business, or having a full subscription meltdown, etc. ;)

in case i want to revert to an older version of ampltide or tracks.  i recall having to debug why a certain thing was happening in a new version of tracks but not earlier version.

1 hour ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

I'm having a brain fart!! Where is the IKM download folder? I use to back it up but have neglected to do so for a while. 

I  believe the IKM installation files are here:  C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\IK Multimedia\IK Product Manager\    
I navigated to that location using the File Explorer starting in the "Documents" folder.  There are subfolders for each product. 

2 hours ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

I'm having a brain fart!! Where is the IKM download folder? I use to back it up but have neglected to do so for a while. 

The IK downloads folder is in the path defined in IK Product Manager >  Preferences > Downloads Folder.

In my case, it goes to a "IK Product Manager" folder in My Documents. But you can set the folder up to be anywhere.

4 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

in case i want to revert to an older version of ampltide or tracks.  i recall having to debug why a certain thing was happening in a new version of tracks but not earlier version.

Your current and past release downloads can all be found at this page. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/

Just click on the "Past Releases" button under a product to get to the downloads for it.

No need to back them up unless you just want to have a copy for convenience.

• Like 1