WUP is back

Bapu

Just logged in to my waves.com account. I can now choose to WUP again from Get Waves Update Plan link.

The max was $250, it's now $10 cheaper than it was a week ago. No more "Buying from a  reseller" option though.

I own Abbey Road, Mecury+Studio Classics, Infected Mushroom, Inspire, CR8 and NX .

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

https://www.waves.com/news/perpetual-waves-licenses-are-back

Update – March 30, 2023: Updates for Perpetual Plugins & Bundles Are Available

We would like to update you that effective immediately, you can once again renew your Waves Update Plan in order to update perpetual plugin and bundle licenses. This option will remain in place going forward.

In addition, we are working to bring back the option to purchase new perpetual licenses for plugins and bundles. This option will exist side-by-side with the new Waves Creative Access subscriptions. We are devoting all efforts to making the perpetual option available to you again as quickly as possible, and will let you know as soon as it is ready. Please check back for updates on this page.

• Like 1

I think it was always capped at $240 assuming there were no duplicates or stuff still in WUP

it's still pretty screwy though.

Just checked - to WUP my mercury - inspire - SSL - abbey road is $240 but as soon as a I add a random 'lil tube that I picked up free and has a few months left it jumps up $400.  'Twas ever thus I suppose

Edited by simon
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, John1984 said:

We would like to update you that effective immediately, you can once again renew your Waves Update Plan in order to update perpetual plugin and bundle licenses. This option will remain in place going forward.*

*...until we decide otherwise :D

Edited by simon
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bapu said:

A week ago it was $250 for me (got it a reseller for $223).

maybe you added something that was still wupped ? or if you wup more than one licence for the same product.

Otherwise it was capped at $240.  I think that figure hasn't changed since WUP started.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

If you want to stay under the $240 cap you want to:

1) Unselect products still under WUP (select the "group by expiration" in the dropdown to quickly identify these products)

2) Unselect duplicates, e.g., multiple copies of a freebie (select the "group by product" option in the dropdown to quickly find them)

Note that selecting products still under WUP can be an interesting option when WUP is on sale (or you're expecting prices to rise). E.g., when WUP is on sale for $180 it lets you buy 2 years of WUP for $360

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

If you want to stay under the $240 cap you want to:

1) Unselect products still under WUP (select the "group by expiration" in the dropdown to quickly identify these products)

2) Unselect duplicates, e.g., multiple copies of a freebie (select the "group by product" option in the dropdown to quickly find them)

Note that selecting products still under WUP can be an interesting option when WUP is on sale (or you're expecting prices to rise). E.g., when WUP is on sale for $180 it lets you buy 2 years of WUP for $360

OR....you can simply never WUP as it is a scam no matter how you look at it.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sergio said:

I'm worried 'cause the Upgrade options were not back. This was my preferred way to WUP without WUPing.

They haven't restored the purchase option for perpetual plugins yet so I wouldn't expect to see the upgrades.

Having said that who know what they will implement - or what prices they will attempt to charge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simon said:

I think it was always capped at $240 assuming there were no duplicates or stuff still in WUP

3 hours ago, simon said:

maybe you added something that was still wupped ? or if you wup more than one licence for the same product.

Otherwise it was capped at $240.  I think that figure hasn't changed since WUP started.

When I decided to add another year of WUP before the 26th I checked Waves price. I'm 99.99% sure it said $250. 

All my stuff was already WUP'd thru 25 Jan 2024. Proud to say I never foolishly bought Waves duplicates. Can't say that about PA though. 🙂 

I went to two resellers (while I still could) and got a price of $225 and $223. I took the $223 price.

Over the years, I paid a big total of 15$ of WUP to upgrade Elements to Elements 2, then they sent me a voucher of the same amount to buy other products, so overall I paid nothing for WUP and all is still working from version 9 to 14.

Edited by Yan Filiatrault
  • Like 1

Guess I'm kinda cheap.  I own about 10 Waves plugs (that I paid for and about 2 I got for free).  I would only consider updating 3  of them which would cost about $40.00 together.

You can wait to do this until you need it if you want so I choose to do that.  But I guess I'm taking a risk if they decide to screw us again somewhere down the road. 

🤪John B

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnbee58 said:

You can wait to do this until you need it if you want so I choose to do that.  But I guess I'm taking a risk if they decide to screw us again somewhere down the road. 

I think it's unlikely they are gonna try and do that in the short term.  If you are on Windows it's not hugely urgent either as even pretty old Waves plugins still run ok(ish) on Win11.

Personally I'd wait for all the heat to settle down before doing anything - zero rush (IMO!)

The rule with WUP is only do it if it's worthwhile ie:

1. You have a bundle and they have added plugins that you want 

2. They have added features/fixes to plugins that you think are worth paying for

3. You need the 2nd licence that WUP gives you

4. You own an Apple Mac and there is an "R" in the month.

It's often better to check your 'upgrade options' rather than WUP - as it's often much (much!) cheaper and you get extra plugs and a year of WUP thrown in.

• Like 1