Waves reinstates perpetual and WUP!!!

Yan Filiatrault

Didn't someone say that this would happen so that we would all be happy with WUP-ing? Will it stop the rot or are Waves finished?

I personally only use about  dozen of their products (all V13) and had thought about going down the WUP route. After the weekend, I've sourced almost all similar VSTs (some free) and will probably go with them. Once bitten, twice shy!

Edited by GroverKen
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

I am sure they have done some permanent damage with the way cut to subscription only without any direct warning, but they will make some short term profits from guys like me. I will end up Wupping my oldest plugins in case they do something like this again. I will certainly be leery of future purchases with Waves.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Pollux said:

I only have 3 or 4 Waves plugins that I use and that I didn't find a replacement for (vocal rider, bass rider, NLS and InPhase)

I'll just WUP those and probably uninstall the others

Have a look at these:-

Bass Rider - TBProadio.de DynaRide2
Vocal Rider - TBProadio.de GainRider3

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Pollux said:

I only have 3 or 4 Waves plugins that I use and that I didn't find a replacement for (vocal rider, bass rider, NLS and InPhase)

I'll just WUP those and probably uninstall the others

Yeah I was going to say there are already good alternatives for all you mentioned :) 

• Like 2