Ozone Music Production Suite 2.1: Upgrade from O8N2, Mix&Master Advanced, Surround Reverb Bundle, Ozone 8 Advanced, Neutron 3 Advanced $125.16 in cart at JRR

musical

11 hours ago, Fleer said:

You’re a master engineer. 

I’m a dilettante

Here is a public service for those that may have forgotten what that means!!

Dilettnate: a person who cultivates an area of interest, such as the arts, without real commitment or knowledge.

And how many of us around here falls into that category!? : )

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Grem said:

Here is a public service for those that may have forgotten what that means!!

Dilettnate: a person who cultivates an area of interest, such as the arts, without real commitment or knowledge.

And how many of us around here falls into that category!? : )

It's a very narrow definition though. That one's relationship with an area of interest or a domain of knowledge or skill is that of an amateur does not necessarily mean they lack "real" commitment or knowledge - it could merely indicate lack of formal education and professionalism. An amateur was originally somebody who delved into things out of love (literally), and perhaps most renaissance polymaths would identify more as being all-around amateurs as opposed to the single-minded narrow sector professionals of our time. The depth and breadth of our knowledge was that much humbler back then too, that "mastering" various different fields wasn't as gargantuan an effort as it would be today. The line between an amateur and a professional was likely rather arbitrary too, aside from certificates, recommendations and inherited baseline wealth. I think there is a useful distinction that can be made between a casual dabbler and an "amateur/dilettante" who is passionate about and self-learned in something where their activity is not rewarded with money, but personal fulfillment.

I suspect the answer to your question is "quite a few"..!

• Like 1

I have Ozone 8 Advanced and some others from Izotope but I got the crossgrade for $125 I could not resist. Darn it!!!!!!

This place is the most dangerous place on the net. Nuts!!!!!!!!  Now its installing the Neutron mothership whatever that is. LOL 

We weak beings are at the deals forum being weak!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jumped on the upgrade from Neutron Advanced 2 for $125.  I see Neutron loading faster, lower CPU hit, and a few new bells & whistles.  Plus all the other goodness in MPS.  I swear I think it sounds better than Neutron 2, but I'll make myself believe ANYTHING after hitting the Pay Now button.  But I think it's for real this time.  

• Haha 4

This is a purchase you won't regret...ever!
If I could only have ONE plugin (which is actually a set)
it would be Ozone 8 Advanced!  I could do without 
EVERYTHING ELSE I own, and would be able to do
just about everything with it!    That ALONE is worth the
price...everything else is "icing on the cake (walk - see what I did there!)"!

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

I jumped from O8N2. Hopefully N3 is a big improvement over N2. What does Nectar do?

T

Nectar 2 was a very good vocal effects pack launched in 2011 or so, and Nectar 3 is its first update after many years. Definitely worthwhile, also because of its integration with Neutron 3 and Vocalsynth 2. And it includes third party Celemony Melodyne Essentials 4 for elementary pitch changes, costing $99 on its own. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

Jumped on the upgrade from Neutron Advanced 2 for $125.  ...

Is this available for Neutron 1 Advanced? It doesn't look like it from my Izotope account... The only option I see in there is for $400.

It'll all go on a sale again, it'll be discounted, you can get it cheap... Again and again. If you wonder what is all the fuss about, consider the possibility that the answer is "nothing".  You're not a squirrel, winter is not coming, and iZotope's Music Production Suite is not the most enormous mountain of nuts you've ever seen. 👻

• Haha 1

No, but it's a much cheaper mountain of nuts today, vs. waiting for a (maybe) relatively cheaper mountain  of nuts months later.  Honestly, for the price (and for what I paid for Neutron 2 Advanced second-hand), I'd do it again.  And again.  In fact, this will replace a mountain of cheap (formerly expensive) plugins I paid peanuts for in the last year.

Totally get your point, though.  The Waves $29 phenomenon is probably just one of the tipping points (along with the movement to subscription) we get to witness these days.

Edited by Marc Cormier

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

It says from ANY Advanced product, so I believe it would apply - 

JRR says 

iZotope Music Production Suite 2.1 Upgrade from Any Advanced Product

Price is $125.16 with code GROUP
https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-music-productionsuite-upgrade-advanced

To me this is one of there very best deals. I have to admit Neutron 3 Advanced is really interesting. I haven't gotten around to all the other goodies in the bundle. 

Thanks Larry for posting this. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cclarry said:

This is a purchase you won't regret...ever!
If I could only have ONE plugin (which is actually a set)
it would be Ozone 8 Advanced!  I could do without 
EVERYTHING ELSE I own, and would be able to do
just about everything with it!    That ALONE is worth the
price...everything else is "icing on the cake (walk - see what I did there!)"!

Most make the mistake of not realizing Ozone is for the mastering side and throw them on every track and think CPU hog.   Mastering plugins are not made to run at 1.5 ms on a modest system.

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

Most make the mistake of not realizing Ozone is for the mastering side and throw them on every track and think CPU hog.   Mastering plugins are not made to run at 1.5 ms on a modest system.

The Modules (plugins) aren't that CPU intensive KK...it's when you use the 
whole shabang that the CPU gets hit.