Ozone Music Production Suite 2.1: Upgrade from O8N2, Mix&Master Advanced, Surround Reverb Bundle, Ozone 8 Advanced, Neutron 3 Advanced $125.16 in cart at JRR

musical

19 hours ago, Grem said:

Also, is anyone using iZotope Product Portal? Is it good to use?

I find that the iZotope Portal, even with their instant 'wait! here's a coupon' always costs me significantly more than JRRShop or other discounters.
The same $125ish deal mentioned in the OP is $141.55 on iZotopes Product Portal  (that's with a 5% off coupon offered when they got worried about my procrastinating to purchase).
Hopefully YMMV, but I've stopped even looking there except to get a base price reference.

• Like 2

Best Service deal: $138

*** Music Production Suite Crossgrade for registered users from at least one of the following Products:

Neutron Advanced

Ozone Advanced

O8N2

Surround/3D Reverb Bundles (including Exponential Audio Everything Bundle)

I'm still on Neutron 2 Advanced - it SOUNDS like this would work.

www.bestservice.com/deals/izotope_music_production_sale.html

EDIT: looks like this is 2.0 - 2.1 probably means Neutron 3, amiright?

Edited by Marc Cormier

5 hours ago, Fleer said:

Sweet deal indeed. 

Thanks, JRR and Uncle E, for making it a smooth purchase process. 

I’m ready to play. 

Whoah, just back from holiday and there's soooo much to catch up on! Larry has been super busy 👍🏻 I have been keeping an eye on the forums on my phone but you can only do so much while sitting on a beach with sand blowing in your face 🏖️.

I will probably go with JRR also Fleer. I nearly did the MPS upgrade last time but it worked out way cheaper for me to just upgrade from N2A to N3A. 

So the only things I don't have in MPS 2.1 are Nectar 3, VocalSynth 2 and RX 7 Standard but it's probably still worth it for those three things alone at around 100 GBP.
I recently used RX 7 Elements on a song with around 28 stacked vocal tracks, each recorded in a fairly noisy environment (school) with an RX plugin on every track and I was impressed at how well it worked and the low CPU hit. So I wouldn't mind upgrading to Standard (as Larry mentions, upgrade to Advanced is still too much money).

I guess I could also re-sell the Celemony Melodyne 4 Essential license to bring the price down a little more.

Probably also worth doing this crossgrade to lower the price on any future MPS 3 upgrades etc.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 9:04 PM, Onovoid said:

Is it possible to upgrade from MPS1  at this price?
(The MPS1  include the ozone 8 advanced and the Neutron2 Advanced...)

On 8/1/2019 at 9:29 PM, cclarry said:

That's an Advanced product so YES...

You might wanna go careful with that advice Larry. The quoted price for upgrade from MPS 1 to MPS 2.1 is $299, same as JRR.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/audio-plug-ins/izotope-music-production-suite-21-upgrade

Edited by paulo

52 minutes ago, Fleer said:

JRRshop sell the MPS 2.1 crossgrade for $125 from ANY advanced product. Well, I had Ozone 6 Advanced and Nectar 2 Production Suite in my account. Worked fine. 

I'm not saying that Larry is definitely wrong, just that both vendors mentioned here show  a much different price for upgrading MPS1.

https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-music-production-suite-upgrade-mpb

I have a MPB2 which contains O7A for example, but it is one licence for the bundle. Technically I do not have an O7A licence. In your case you did. Maybe semantics, but I'm just questioning why they would show a different (and considerably higher) price when people can just buy this instead and get the same thing? One thing for JRR (or whoever) to sell you the upgrade at that price, but I wonder what will happen when it's actually registered with Izotope if there is no specific Advanced licence? Just trying to save Larry from the voodoo dolls if it turns out that people have bought on his say so and it doesn't work that way.

Edited by paulo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You’re right to do so, as iZotope is infamous for their upgrade and crossgrade pricing tactics!

Also, I’m pretty sure Ozone 9 is around the corner, so I guess this is the last time we can get the MPS crossgrade at its lowest price. Next time will be in two years or so. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

JRRshop sell the MPS 2.1 crossgrade for $125 from ANY advanced product. Well, I had Ozone 6 Advanced and Nectar 2 Production Suite in my account. Worked fine. 

I was wondering about @paulo's comment as well. Have you installed AND registered at Izotope?  I have Neutron 1 Advanced and was wondering if I could something similar.  The Winner of last month's Puremix contest used it on his vocals and said Nectar 3 is the shiznet!

I have MPS2.1 and when I installed it yesterday, it registered Ozone 8 Advance, Neutron 3 Advanced separately.

However, I only have a serial number for MPS 2.1

Oh.. there's a new Nectar out now too, 3.1

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, mibby said:

I was wondering about @paulo's comment as well. Have you installed AND registered at Izotope?  I have Neutron 1 Advanced and was wondering if I could something similar.  The Winner of last month's Puremix contest used it on his vocals and said Nectar 3 is the shiznet!

Yep, all installed and running. 

One MPS 2.1 serial in my account. Doesn’t say upgrade or crossgrade, just says MPS 2.1 and I’m thinking the serial you get registers anyway, whatever’s in your account that may or may not qualify. In the end, though, if they would check later on, I guess you’d better be sure to live up to whatever condition the reseller states when you purchased, which, in JRR’s case, is owning an advanced iZotope product. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GaleOm said:

It`s best to log in to your iZotope`s account and see Upgrades tab to be sure for what upgrade you qualify.

Yeah, that's a quicker way of saying what I was trying to. In my case the upgrade path shows as the $299 price even though I have O7A and Neutron Advanced as part of MPB2. 

8 hours ago, paulo said:

Yeah, that's a quicker way of saying what I was trying to. In my case the upgrade path shows as the $299 price even though I have O7A and Neutron Advanced as part of MPB2. 

I was a little confused, My iZotope's account show two upgrade price ($ 150, $ 299).

but I upgraded it from MPS1 to MPS2 for $125 .

My MPS2 is registered in iZotope.  

5 hours ago, Onovoid said:

I was a little confused, My iZotope's account show two upgrade price ($ 150, $ 299).

but I upgraded it from MPS1 to MPS2 for $125 .

My MPS2 is registered in iZotope.  

Thanks for the info. I asked Uncle E from JRR and he says "many customers have been using it to upgrade from MPB2 and it has worked fine for them"  which is not quite saying that it qualifies, but...............

I wasn't interested at $299 but might have to consider breaking into the piggy bank for $125.

• Like 3

Question for those who have upgraded.......

Does Nectar 3 overwrite Nectar 2 or is it a separate thing and if it overwrites are N2 settings compatible? Nectar 2 has been all over my vocal tracks for some time now and I'm wondering what happens to them if N3 is installed.

On 8/2/2019 at 10:23 PM, TheSteven said:

I find that the iZotope Portal, even with their instant 'wait! here's a coupon' always costs me significantly more than JRRShop or other discounters.
The same $125ish deal mentioned in the OP is $141.55 on iZotopes Product Portal  (that's with a 5% off coupon offered when they got worried about my procrastinating to purchase).
Hopefully YMMV, but I've stopped even looking there except to get a base price reference.

I'm not sure what you mean.  The iZotope Portal is just a downloader like Native Access.  You don't have  to buy directly from iZotope to use it.

I bought the Upgrade to the Music Production Suite at AudioDeluxe and they sent me a serial number.  I input the serial number into the iZotope Portal and downloaded everything. 

I wish IK Multimedia could come up with a system as easy to use as the downloaders from iZotope, Native Instruments, Output, Addictive Drums, etc. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tiger The Frog said:

I'm not sure what you mean.  The iZotope Portal is just a downloader like Native Access.

My mistake thought the reference was to iZotope's web store.
Yes - for installing new stuff I've found it works great.

• Like 1