Waves Central Updated to 14.0.7

cclarry

As the shock and awe of the announcement sinks in, even though I am firmly in the camp of "no subscription ever", I have taken stock of my perpetual plugin inventory.

Even though these plugins should continue to work for the foreseeable future, I will still have the feeling that I have been screwed. I think the only way to get over this feeling will be to stop using them, as I doubt that they will ever "inspire" me again. They will just be a reminder of "argghhh"!!! 🙄

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, abacab said:

Not sure what your "my DAW" is, but selecting "Update Plug-in List" in Studio One (forces a re-scan of the Wave Shells at DAW start-up).

That did the trick for me in Studio One. The updated v14 Wave Shells were not automatically scanned at startup until I did this.

Cakewalk had no issues with the updated plug-ins, as it always seems to check the Wave Shells. But in Reaper VST preferences I had to "Clear Cache and Re-scan" to get v14 working.

My Daw is Studio One. updating the plugin list alone did not fix the issue, I had to add a plugin path that I had thought was already there into Studio one which cleared the problem. Thanks for the suggestions

You are not risking anything by updating the Waves Central.  I got into it yesterday and today.  If you click the "Licenses" tab it brings you to your current licenses.  If you click "Learn More" on each it will give you info on how to go about retrieving your license, downloading and installing your current version (if you need to).  Some of the versions below 14 need to use the offline installer.

😀JB

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

You are not risking anything by updating the Waves Central.  I got into it yesterday and today.  If you click the "Licenses" tab it brings you to your current licenses.  If you click "Learn More" on each it will give you info on how to go about retrieving your license, downloading and installing your current version (if you need to).  Some of the versions below 14 need to use the offline installer.

😀JB

Not risking anything by updating Waves Central?  You must be new to Waves.

• Haha 1

I updated to V14 on my Mac.  In Gig Performer, I found two versions of the V14 plugins.  So in Waves Central, I deleted V14 Plugins, then ran Repair, and then made the mistake of clicking on Cleanup (Complete Waves cleanup), which deletes everything.  Anyhow, I went through the exercise of downloading the V13 Plugins and installing from the offline installer, and was successful, though it was a step backwards from before when you could install directly from Waves Central.