Waves Central Updated to 14.0.7

cclarry

2 minutes ago, simon said:

yes, and it could have been user error, who knows ?  I assume that user said "waves creative access" because that's what the new Waves Central pushes ?

Personally I'd advise anyone to wait and see what happens. There is nothing in the updates I need at this point so why risk anything

good to know it was reasonably smooth for you - be good if other people who are brave enough to update report back too

Just be prepared for long VST scans in your DAW after the updates. It appears to reset the Waves Shells so it forces a total rescan... 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, simon said:

I've seen reports on other forums that people have updated both Waves Central and the v14 plugs and retained their perpetual licences.

That is correct for me.

IOW installed!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, topaz said:

So waves update some plugins to HiDpi the day after stopping updates. 

Nice 👍

Not if you are a perpetual user with WUP (as I am). So I say "Nice" and mean it (until 25 Jam 2025 that is).

Said another way, I got the updates.

Just now, Bapu said:

That is correct for me.

IOW installed!

Did you update your v14 plug-ins yet? I did, and the v14 plug-ins are visible in Studio One, but won't launch... I'm thinking that the updated plug-ins didn't get scanned.

The v13 plug-ins still work as good as ever, and they were not updated.

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Just be prepared for long VST scans in your DAW after the updates. It appears to reset the Waves Shells so it forces a total rescan... 🙄

I've seen that after every update. Nothing new here. Move along. 🙂 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, abacab said:

Did you update your v14 plug-ins yet? I did, and the v14 plug-ins are visible in Studio One, but won't launch... I'm thinking that the updated plug-ins didn't get scanned.

The v13 plug-ins still work as good as ever, and they were not updated.

I'll check that out and report back.

6 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I'll check that out and report back.

I figured it out! I had to open the Studio One Plug-in Manager and "Update Plug-in List" to pick up the new Wave Shells. They scanned on S1 restart.

All good now! :)

Just now, abacab said:

I figured it out! I had to open the Studio One Plug-in Manager and "Update Plug-in List" to pick up the new Wave Shells. They scanned on S1 restart.

All good now! :)

I always update on opening S1. So I'm all good too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smallstonefan said:

They bugged something in the installer when it comes to selecting individual plugins to install. It's hiding and showing things and changing my selections. Wierd.

Waves Central only installs v14 plug-ins now. But it should show all of your activations.

https://www.waves.com/support/how-to-install-waves-v12?utm_source=Waves-Central&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=learn-more

Edited by abacab

I did the update this morning and when I check in my DAW, I see all of my Waves plugins, but when I put them in my tracks, most won't load. I am pretty sure that is a result of the update as my older version plugins do load. I suspect they made a change (location) that I need to point my DAW, so probably not a huge issue, but it is a headache.

21 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Not if you are a perpetual user with WUP (as I am). So I say "Nice" and mean it (until 25 Jam 2025 that is).

Said another way, I got the updates.

Sure but they didn't update many plugins to hires untill the day after taking away the chance to vanished. 

6 minutes ago, ArcRex said:

I did the update this morning and when I check in my DAW, I see all of my Waves plugins, but when I put them in my tracks, most won't load. I am pretty sure that is a result of the update as my older version plugins do load. I suspect they made a change (location) that I need to point my DAW, so probably not a huge issue, but it is a headache.

Not sure what your "my DAW" is, but selecting "Update Plug-in List" in Studio One (forces a re-scan of the Wave Shells at DAW start-up).

That did the trick for me in Studio One. The updated v14 Wave Shells were not automatically scanned at startup until I did this.

Cakewalk had no issues with the updated plug-ins, as it always seems to check the Wave Shells. But in Reaper VST preferences I had to "Clear Cache and Re-scan" to get v14 working.

1 minute ago, abacab said:

Not sure what your "my DAW" is, but selecting "Update Plug-in List" in Studio One (forces a re-scan of the Wave Shells at DAW start-up).

That did the trick for me in Studio One. The updated v14 Wave Shells were not automatically scanned at startup until I did this.

Cakewalk had no issues with the updated plug-ins, as it always seems to check the Wave Shells. But in Reaper VST preferences I had to "Clear Cache and Re-scan" to get v14 working.

If it's Ableton, holding down cmd (or alt on Windows) when you click rescan in the plugin preferences will do a full scan.

FWIW my system was full of older V10, V11, v12 & v13 waveshells.

I decided to do a full delete of all Waves. Then did a Cleanup. Both of these tasks were done in Waves Central.

Then I did a full install of all V14 plugs (which is everything they offered up until yesterday).

Then I opened Studio One and I was amazed at how quick the Waves Shell was in the scan. I was afraid something was wrong, but nope, everything is showing and I did some test loads of plugs and had no problems.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'm off to rescan in all my DAWs.

4 hours ago, abacab said:

So I installed the updates for v14, and they are still working. The rest of my plug-ins are v12 and are still working, but the install option is no longer available for them in Waves Central. Instead I am directed to a support page via a "Learn More" link: "How to Install and Activate v12".

No problem yet, as all of my v12 plugins are installed on my DAW. But reinstalling them down the road could be a pain...

I suspect they soon will change the status of V14 plugins to "Legacy;" especially when V15 is released.

They're obviously hoping that the pain of manually installing/reinstalling our Legacy plugins will force us to buy a subscription.  But if we do that, we have to maintain the subscription forever otherwise everything updated will revert back to their previous Legacy versions.

This is manipulative given that the ability to quickly and easily install some earlier plugin versions already exists. They deliberately took away this functionality out of pure greed.

• Like 2