Waves Central Updated to 14.0.7

cclarry

I've seen reports on other forums that people have updated both Waves Central and the v14 plugs and retained their perpetual licences.

I don't think it's worth the risk until we know more.  How can you trust Waves after this ?

I'm thinking of blocking Waves Central in Windows Firewall.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

7 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I updated Waves Central, and my plugins still show up, but it's different

I think they've removed the ability to install any v11/12/13 plugins too - it's v14 or nothing. 

The Waves FAQ say to use the offline installer if you need anything prior to v13.

There is so much missing detail in the FAQ though, so it's unclear to me if you are actually agreeing to any new terms if you update Waves Central or any plugins.  There is certainly something about agreeing to surrender perpetual licences that somebody posted in another thread.

total sh!tshow - so I'm watching and waiting.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, topaz said:

So waves update some plugins to HiDpi the day after stopping updates. 

Nice 👍

to be fair (not sure that I want to be fair!) - if you already own V14 of the plugs then you get these for free (apparently) - even if you don't have WUP.

Waves have always allowed updates to the same version number without WUP, the problem arises when they add a minor feature and call it V15.

• Like 1

I just updated WC without issue.  Splash screen of course shows the Subscription Info but clicking on the Install tab shows licenses and current status. I updated all of my v14 plugs also without issue.  Older versions show Active status but a link for the Installed column.  Directions for installing these (legacy) versions are found HERE.

WCSplash.png.fc2d726165b26adccb597a5d5ab1c5dc.png

WavesCentral.png.0cd332fa05958dbf6b0b9772c8890123.png

Edited by Fwrend
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, simon said:

to be fair (not sure that I want to be fair!) - if you already own V14 of the plugs then you get these for free (apparently) - even if you don't have WUP.

Waves have always allowed updates to the same version number without WUP, the problem arises when they add a minor feature and call it V15.

I didn't update some plugins to 14 becuase they updated to 14 but didn't add HiDpi (the only reason I would of updated) now I can't. there are no excuses for this. 

• Like 4

The auto update for waves central doesn't complete (I actually have the same issue with slate).  Not sure why the silent install doesn't finish. Anyone else see this?  I grab the installed from a temp directory or download from site (14.07 last night wasn't posted on waves.com just in the waves central) and run it non silent mode.  

Anyone else see this before?

Also super annoyed about this new model - I have been buying Waves stuff for decades and spent a fortune on this stuff before they went $29 a plugin. 

Edited by Greg
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Greg said:

The auto update for waves central doesn't complete (I actually have the same issue with slate).  Not sure why the silent install doesn't finish. Anyone else see this?  I grab the installed from a temp directory or download from site (14.07 last night wasn't posted on waves.com just in the waves central) and run it non silent mode.  

Anyone else see this before?

Also super annoyed about this new model - I have been buying Waves stuff for decades and spent a fortune on this stuff before they went $29 a plugin. 

Waves.com is unresponsive.

• Is it incompetence and a botched website update?
  • Is it being hacked by someone annoyed at what they did?
  • Is it a mass influx of people rushing to get the trial version of the subscriptions?
  • Is it a mass influx of people downloading legacy stuff in case it disappears?

5 hours ago, simon said:

I think they've removed the ability to install any v11/12/13 plugins too - it's v14 or nothing. 

The Waves FAQ say to use the offline installer if you need anything prior to v13.

There is so much missing detail in the FAQ though, so it's unclear to me if you are actually agreeing to any new terms if you update Waves Central or any plugins.  There is certainly something about agreeing to surrender perpetual licences that somebody posted in another thread.

total sh!tshow - so I'm watching and waiting.

I updated my Waves Central to 14.0.7. Then all of my v14 plug-ins showed an available update, so I figured might as well grab any updates while they are still available.

So I installed the updates for v14, and they are still working. The rest of my plug-ins are v12 and are still working, but the install option is no longer available for them in Waves Central. Instead I am directed to a support page via a "Learn More" link: "How to Install and Activate v12".

Learn how to install Waves V12 plugins, via an offline installer.

Important Notes:

• V12 plugins can be activated by Waves Creative Access subscription licenses and by perpetual (non-subscription) V14-V12 licenses.
  • Products released after October 10, 2021 are not part of the V12 offline installer.
  • To see a list of the plugins available in the V12 installer, visit this page.
  • Sample libraries for Waves instruments must be installed manually.

No problem yet, as all of my v12 plugins are installed on my DAW. But reinstalling them down the road could be a pain...

FYI: the Waves Central update is automatic as soon as you launch WC. So there's no way to continue use the old version of WC... just saying...

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

So I installed the updates for v14, and they are still working. The rest of my plug-ins are v12 and are still working, but the install option is no longer available for them in Waves Central. Instead I am directed to a support page "How to Install and Activate v12".

I notice that somebody on the Waves Forum reported that the new Waves Central actively uninstalled his V13 plugs ? which is worrying

https://forum.waves.com/t/waves-subscription-total-disapointment/7007

10 minutes ago, simon said:

I notice that somebody on the Waves Forum reported that the new Waves Central actively uninstalled his V13 plugs ? which is worrying

https://forum.waves.com/t/waves-subscription-total-disapointment/7007

That user stated he was "upgraded" to Waves Creative Access". That sounds like a Waves mis-fire (or user error)!

But regardless how that happened, I saw a caution elsewhere against using Waves Creative Access if you want to use perpetual plugins older than v14. I believe the reason given is that Creative Access only supports v14, and that you should contact support if you need to use both.

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

yes, and it could have been user error, who knows ?  I assume that user said "waves creative access" because that's what the new Waves Central pushes ?

Personally I'd advise anyone to wait and see what happens. There is nothing in the updates I need at this point so why risk anything

good to know it was reasonably smooth for you - be good if other people who are brave enough to update report back too

• Like 1