PSP Infinistrip $49 at ADSR Sounds - Expired early

Craig N

16 minutes ago, mibby said:

Me too!  I watched a couple of videos on it (again) and it seems really well thought out.  I certainly don't need it, but what a price for a bunch of quality plugins!

That is NOT helpful, sir. 

giphy.gif

That's me trying to run away from this.  I will fail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, mibby said:

Me too!  I watched a couple of videos on it (again) and it seems really well thought out.  I certainly don't need it, but what a price for a bunch of quality plugins!

I had even considered it at $79 and less for loyalty discount, but at $49 it was an easier choice. Some nice inserts for sure and the same kind of things as other devs, but still a little different to others around as well. That new EQ they added can be very cool in shaping tone and if they add anything else it could become even better value as time goes on.

• Like 1

I like the different flavors of Saturators. It's a little disappointing that no FX are included like IK's Mixbox, but not a deal breaker.  I figure 1 insert slot to shape your sound, then sweeten it with your various FX with all of your leftover Inserts and Sends.  :) 

Here's the PSP page....

https://www.pspaudioware.com/products/psp-infinistrip#module-list

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, mibby said:

I like the different flavors of Saturators. It's a little disappointing that no FX are included like IK's Mixbox, but not a deal breaker.  I figure 1 insert slot to shape your sound, then sweeten it with your various FX with all of your leftover Inserts and Sends.  :) 

Here's the PSP page....

https://www.pspaudioware.com/products/psp-infinistrip#module-list

I thought the same thing.. if this also included some of their reverbs in particular, it would definitely be even stronger compared to Mixbox. But overall it's a really great option in comparison anyway and I more often use reverbs and delays on sends, so it would be using multiple instances anyway.

These guys almost always make great stuff. Looking forward to using this one more 🙂

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Wut? No FX? I’m out. 

If you consider the concept of what it's emulating, it's really not too surprising. FX has more often than not, not been a function of the channel strip, but more sends from the channel to it.

Slate VMR and most of the others don't have FX in their channel strip. Normally it's about pres, EQs/filters, comps/dynamics  and colour and stuff.

The main exception is IK's Mixbox. Even without them it's great value though 🙂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

If you consider the concept of what it's emulating, it's really not too surprising. FX has more often than not, not been a function of the channel strip, but more sends from the channel to it.

Slate VMR and most of the others don't have FX in their channel strip. Normally it's about pres, EQs/filters, comps/dynamics  and colour and stuff.

The main exception is IK's Mixbox. Even without them it's great value though 🙂

True. I’m actually a dedicated fan of Slate’s VMR. No FX there. 

• Like 1

It's a lot more efficient to set up fx like reverbs as sends, especially if you have a slow computer like me 😂

Including fx in this channel strip would encourage people to do all their fx as inserts instead, and then they'd complain at how inefficient the plugin is. 😄

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Craig N said:

It's a lot more efficient to set up fx like reverbs as sends, especially if you have a slow computer like me 😂

Including fx in this channel strip would encourage people to do all their fx as inserts instead, and then they'd complain at how inefficient the plugin is. 😄

It definitely was, but with today's CPUs, it can actually be the reverse and less efficient from a compute perspective. Because of multi threading, by using sends, it can take longer for the thread to complete the entire signal path apparently, whereas if it's limited to just the track, the thread has no other dependencies to be completed before freeing it up.

But I'm still going to stick to using sends predominantly anyway and I like the workflow 🙂

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Fleer said:

True. I’m actually a dedicated fan of Slate’s VMR. No FX there. 

Not cheap to add their reverbs either.. Could be interesting to see an effect type  "strip" from these guys too, which then could be used independently and on sends.

Ideally PSP could just add it to Infiniti though as then it would be free for me 😎

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

24 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

It definitely was, but with today's CPUs, it can actually be the reverse and less efficient from a compute perspective. Because of multi threading, by using sends, it can take longer for the thread to complete the entire signal path apparently, whereas if it's limited to just the track, the thread has no other dependencies to be completed before freeing it up.

But I'm still going to stick to using sends predominantly anyway and I like the workflow 🙂

Assuming daws and plugins implement the async/await pattern, it shouldn't be less efficient, ie they shouldn't block (the processor) while waiting for the fx send to be executed. 

I only just learned about this fairly recently while working on some asynchronous Dot Net code for the first time. I thought it was quite clever. But I am a geek. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craig N said:

Assuming daws and plugins implement the async/await pattern, it shouldn't be less efficient, ie they shouldn't block (the processor) while waiting for the fx send to be executed. 

I only just learned about this fairly recently while working on some asynchronous Dot Net code for the first time. I thought it was quite clever. But I am a geek. 

From what I was reading it's how it's implemented in DAWs for real-time audio. Quite possibly a carry over from early designs they haven't re-engineered yet, but that's only a guess.

But essentially if you have a track with 10 CPU intensive plugins and then another track that had no plugins, or a few light CPU ones, that both feed into the same FX bus, the light track (and therefore it's thread) can't complete until both are ready and due to latency and CPU usage that can have a snowball effect of tying up more and more resources as things wait.

And nothing wrong with appreciating some of the geeky stuff like that 🙂 

• Like 2

ADSR was kind enough to reply to me in saying this:

”Hey there,

Thanks for writing in about that sale price and we're so sorry for the abrupt change in pricing. Unfortunately as we are a reseller of other companies products, we legally were obliged to honor PSP's request to end the sale price sooner than anticipated. 

We are so sorry for this mistake, we have many other products on sale at ADSR if there is anything else we can assist with please let us know. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Kindest regards

Bishop

ADSR”

still bummed since we’re also caught in the middle of wavespocalypse. Was going to snag this as my waves replacement but maybe next time

Edited by dumbquestions
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, dumbquestions said:

April 4th? Was about to grab it but $199 again 🙃

Oh wow.. I did wonder about the price and whether it was definitely right, so I made sure I got in pretty quick, but it seemed like it was intentional in the end and I expected it would've been available to the end date..

That's a shame.

• Like 4

I was seriously considering getting Infinistrip for $49.  Oh, well.  At least I'm a bit more aware of zero latency plugins now.

I'm mainly interested in using this plugin for live performance, either with electric guitar amp sims or virtual instruments in Gig Performer.  I've been only using the guitar related plugins up to now but now I know I can use other zero latency plugins.

For now, I'll delve into the zero latency plugins I have such as bx_console or SSL Native.  MixBox isn't too bad ... though not zero latency, it can be pretty low depending on what's being used--just have to be aware which modules create latency.

I was surprised to discover that Waves PRS amps have relatively high latency (90/175 samples @ 44.1) as most amp sims were 0 latency or pretty low.