Waves Discontinues Perpetual Licenses (UPDATE: They have gone Subscription Only)

Martin H.

On 3/24/2023 at 5:47 PM, Grem said:

I have to say, as of today,  I love my Waves plugins. Great quailty, all of them. Outstanding sound from all of them. License systems works well. Are there some things I don't like about Waves plugins? Yep, sure is. But none of them are a show stopper. 

If they still sell perpetual licenses after the 26th,  I will still probably buy more of them.

However, if it's sub only, I am outta here. 

This is me exactly.  I'm not really a Waves apologist, but I like the plugins, the price, and WUP doesn't really bother me.  I've only "Wupped" one time, after having several versions of Waves over the past years.  I've been able to get some great plugins and bundles at great prices by slowly upgrading bundles.  

We are only "assuming" they are going sub only - what we know for sure is that resellers will not be able to sell them anymore.   Waves may continue to do so (and I hope they do).  But, like others, if they go sub only, I will not subscribe.  

The only silver lining to me if they go sub only is that all those that have said "WUP is a subscription" will have to admit it wasn't.  😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Here are already some serials for the Element 2 synth

I have the full Waves instrument bundle, and Element 2 is my favorite of the bunch! That's a really nice sounding analog synth emulation. Quite underrated I think, as nobody ever seems to mention it.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, abacab said:

I have the full Waves instrument bundle, and Element 2 is my favorite of the bunch! That's a really nice sounding analog synth emulation. Quite underrated I think, as nobody ever seems to mention it.

Element 2 is a very useful instrument.

I also really like Codex and Flow Motion because they produce sounds that are quite distinct from many other synths.

Edited by locrian
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lionel said:

What country time zone is Waves based in?  For those that have yet to register their plugins, you may want to know that bit of information before you miss the deadline.

They’re in Israel. 
But I guess you can register until midnight, Sunday 26, in San Francisco :)

• Thanks 1

The account-related pages (My Products / Upgrades / Waves Update Plan, etc.) on the Waves site currently showing:

"Waves.com is undergoing maintenance. To access your Waves account or purchase Waves products at our online store, please try again later."

Maybe unrelated to the upcoming changes but I've never seen that message before.

Edited by Luc
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luc said:

The account-related pages (My Products / Upgrades / Waves Update Plan, etc.) on the Waves site currently showing:

"Waves.com is undergoing maintenance. To access your Waves account or purchase Waves products at our online store, please try again later."

Maybe unrelated to the upcoming changes but I've never seen that message before.

Remarkable. We should at least have one more day to register our serials. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Triangleman said:

I was just on Audio Deluxe and the only Waves product was Musicians 2 bundle for $9.97.

Great bundle, though!

Waves stuff seems to be gone from everyplugin.com, too.

It's happening... 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1