APD Deal - Battalion by Hidden Path Audio

cclarry

1 hour ago, jngnz said:

Sounds like someone recorded little gnomes farting into toy trumpets and slapped a massive reverb on it.

I think you'd be pretty interesting as a YouTuber influencer doing reviews of sample libraries. Seriously.  Of course,  developers would never want to give you NFRs after seeing how brutally honest you are; some go berserk over the smallest criticism. But one thing for sure, we sample users could be pretty confident that you wouldn't be shilling for any developers. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

Seriously... How bad is it?

I listened to the linked demos and didn't think it sounded bad at all, espcially considering that it's only $19 USD.

I would suggest that anyone interested checks out the demos and makes their own call. It doesn't fit with rock and acoustic music that I do, but I think for what it is, and especially at such a low price, it's actually a very good value if you're looking for this kind of sound and on a tight budget. 

5 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I think you'd be pretty interesting as a YouTuber influencer doing reviews of sample libraries. Seriously.  Of course,  developers would never want to give you NFRs after seeing how brutally honest you are; some go berserk over the smallest criticism. But one thing for sure, we sample users could be pretty confident that you wouldn't be shilling for any developers. 

My dream is that there's a  critical review channel for games.  It brings out all of the negatives. 

I often wonder if our expectations are too demanding from sample libraries.  Then there are some real duds.

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I listened to the linked demos and didn't think it sounded bad at all, espcially considering that it's only $19 USD.

I would suggest that anyone interested checks out the demos and makes their own call. It doesn't fit with rock and acoustic music that I do, but I think for what it is, and especially at such a low price, it's actually a very good value if you're looking for this kind of sound and on a tight budget. 

This is really a bad habit many have.  There are free/affordable plugins out there that rival the best.  See Waves, PA, TDL and of course people use Bandlab as their main DAW.  I don't think this was created to rival VSL and Cinebrass.  I call these template savers.  You could load 20 instances of brass libraries or choose this.   On a side note I really need to lay off this forum for at least a week.  I just bought this. 

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Haha 3

Thanks to all who have posted opinions.  I'm the first to get excited at "Regularly $349, now only $19!!!", thinking said product might have actually been worth $349 to someone at some time.  Good to know that this is NOT a slam dunk, must pick up at this price product.  In looking for commentary online about this product, results were almost non-existent (unless you wanted to buy it).  I read several recent lists of "Best Brass Libraries" and never saw mention of this product (even among lower priced competitors, not just the big boys).  And the developer neither gives refunds (understandable) or allows license transfers (not understandable).

As others have said, it is ONLY $19...but I have many $19 plugins languishing on my hard drive.  I'm sure I have several low cost or free orchestral plugins that cover brass, and should probably spend a few evenings checking them back out before I part with $19 that I probably don't need to (but FOMO will probably having me do anyway).

I have it. It is not bad and for that price i would buy it again. You get some unusual sounds, besides the rather normal Brasss stuff. The sequenced Patches are not my taste.

I reported a problem with the snapshots. They would not load the presets properly. They say they would work in that.

You can access the presets within the Instruments browser though.