Mixbus32C v9: New Mixer, New Sound!

cclarry

Mixbus32C v9

New Mixer - New Sound

You are receiving this email because you purchased a prior version of Harrison's Mixbus32C workstation.

Our upgrade policy allows you to upgrade to the latest version of Mixbus32C
for only $79 (list price $349)

Upgrade Now - $79 for Owners of Previous Version

https://harrisonconsolesstore.onfastspring.com/mixbus32c-9

Your best mixes happen when you are 'in the flow'.  The most important feature of a mixer is the unique ability to work on many tracks at once ... boosting a little here, and cutting a little there.  We call this 'mixing in context' and it is largely this ability to stay in the flow that makes Mixbus better than other DAWs.

Mixbus has always been the best workstation for mixing; it has a knob-per function interface that lets you work without leaving the flow state.  But there's always room for improvement!

Version 9 was developed to meet more of your expectations: more 'analog vibe' to further reduce the need for plugins; more controls on the built-in compressor; a channelstrip gate; larger text; and better usage of space on 4k monitors.

With a heavy focus on expanding and improving the sound and workflow of the analog vibe found in Mixbus32C, we have implemented a lot of new features to help you get a whole new sound from your mixes.

What's new in v9 ?

The first major upgrade to the Mixbus32C mixer since its inception 7 years ago: we've updated the sound, look, and operation of the mixer page. Scroll down to learn more!

Multi-bus VST3 instruments can be 'fanned out' to multiple tracks with appropriate mono/stereo configuration and names.

new "Blonde Bop" drum instrument from AVL Drums

The new Mixer Page includes:

A new high contrast design with an expanded look and feel of a full-featured analog console strip. You can emulate a life-size console on a 4k TV or monitor.

A re-engineered 32C EQ that provides an even more accurate recreation of the original 1975 analog circuit, with updated EQ curves and a more accurate text representation of the frequency and gain in the channelstrip text display.

A new full-featured Compressor on every channel and mixbus, providing all of the sound and control you would expect in a standalone compressor while retaining the popular "mode" selections found in previous versions of Mixbus.  The new 'Emphasis' knob allows you to access more vintage character by forcing the compressor to react more quickly to harsh sounds.  The result is smoother mixes!

An exciting new full-featured Gate/Expander that can tame the bleed in your live tracks, or add more expressive and dynamic articulation to pre-recorded loops and sounds.  The new gate reports its gain-reduction beside the fader, just like the channelstrip compressor.  The reciprocal push/pull action of the reduction LEDs provides great feedback 'in context' without having to open any plugins or even the channelstrip element. 

A new "Drive" feature on every input channel strip can add 'hair' to bass and vocal tracks, which helps them stand out in a busy mix.

A high-pass filter on the mixbus 'tone' equalizer allows you to filter your instrument groups and effects without visiting each track in the group.  Filtering the bass from unnecessary elements helps to keep your mixes clean and focused.

2 Tape Saturation colors are now provided for each of the 12 mixbuses, allowing you a choice of 2 different colors ('yellow' and 'orange') as well as the ability to disable the tape saturation entirely by disabling both buttons.  The new 'orange' mode provides a richer harmonic profile than the old tape saturation, and retains more low-end when you drive it hard.

The Master bus 'glue' compressor has been re-voiced to work together with the final limiter.  Instead of 3 modes, we now provide a carefully voiced master-bus 'glue' compressor with a progressive ratio, Emphasis knob, and internal 3-stage design that follows your track dynamics to gel your mix. 

The version 8 upgrade fixed a major problem I had where changes to the audio interface settings for my Axe IO Solo made in 32C didn't communicate to the device's driver and, believe it or not, I ended up using the new Cue feature for randomizing drum parts. 

I use Mixbus 32C when I want to lay down bass, guitar, keyboard and drum tracks for a quick, good sounding rock mix. 

This update has added a lot of attractive features. 

@Bapu what is "Plugged-In"?

Edited by Doug Steinschneider

4 hours ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

@Bapu what is "Plugged-In"?

It was offered to me (maybe ver 4 or 5). It's a monthly fee that entitle me to early releases (usually 2 days before general release) and 99.99% time if there is an upgrade fee (like v9) it's "free" to all Plugged-In members. I have also never paid for any new plugin they introduce (again "free"). 99% of every year the fee is less than the costs associated with upgrades and plugin costs.

TBH I'm not sure if they still offer it.

It looks really nice. The only thing stopping me from getting Mixbus is that I work on a laptop and I imagine the layout would be way too small to use on a laptop screen.  I may be wrong though. Is anyone using it on a laptop?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

It looks really nice. The only thing stopping me from getting Mixbus is that I work on a laptop and I imagine the layout would be way too small to use on a laptop screen.  I may be wrong though. Is anyone using it on a laptop?

Everything is way too small on a laptop, IMO.

• Thanks 1

I've been meaning to try it on a laptop - I'll report back how it looks. I think it will work. They now have separate scaling for mixer strips and the entire GUI plus settings to removing mixer strip components you don't need in the strip at all times.  Agree with Ed above that it might be an issue - the whole reason I got a 4k screen was for Mixbus.

Edited by Doug Steinschneider