SONG: Mudflap

jbraner

Good song, enjoyed it. Do you ever sing on your songs? At the stop at about 1 minute, put some reverby or delay stuff in so it doesn’t seem like the song is ending. Like the unexpected changes of parts and moods, the mix seems balanced over here. Sometimes the guitar seems very slightly muddy. I agree with you calling it a jazzy, rockish song, at some parts more one that the other, and with some abstract bits too. I like the ending section work wish there was more of that. Good job

John, having heard a number of your songs over the years, I must say that I'm constantly surprised and delighted by you.  Maybe because of the unexpected sounds throughout, I really like this song!  Your arrangement is cleaver and crafty, which gives it a vibe of unpredictability that I like.  As always, your mastery of great guitar tones speak volumes.  Keep it up!

36 minutes ago, jbraner said:

hi Lynn,

Wow, thanks for those comments - I'm glad you liked it.

How are you doing?

Doing OK - just busy with personal issues these days, though mainly very mundane stuff that take away my internet time if not my studio time.  Thanks for asking :)

Loved the reversed stuff and the guitar work. You sure kept this one Interesting. I'm Really liking the Modo bass! Its got the tone and drive I strive for but never quite get. I Really Enjoyed this  ..  mark

PS- 5 stars for the title alone ..

Edited by mark skinner
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Loved the reversed stuff and the guitar work. You sure kept this one Interesting. I'm Really liking the Modo bass! Its got the tone and drive I strive for but never quite get. I Really Enjoyed this  ..  mark

PS- 5 stars for the title alone ..

Me too, love the name🤩