Irlene - FINISHED!

Barry Seymour

4 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

It's coming together nicely Barry. Sounds like you're doing one more mix.

I would suggest when you post it:
   1) Edit the title to the thread to reflect that there is a new mix.
   2) Put the new link in the opening post so people find it. (I would also put the new link in a fresh post, like you did with 03.23
just my nickel98, too often those who have already listened and reviewed don't go back to the thread if there is nothing new noted in the title...

t

I always thought it was considered polite to leave prior mixes in their original location; one doesn't want to be seen as 'rewriting history,' Plus someone might want to compare the new and old mixes? I dunno.  But going forward I will do as you suggest.

As for changing the title of the topic, I have not found how you can DO that.

I'll have a final mix up in a few hours (pesky day job), at which point I will both replace the original mix and attempt to re-title the thread.

1 minute ago, treesha said:

Really well done, great song, great arrangement, love the vocals and the horns are very cool, all the instruments sound great and the story is timely and clever. As for any nitpicking, the body odor lady comes in a little louder than its surroundings when she comes in.  I enjoy that addition, I just would turn it down a bit. Around 3:10 something with the horns sounds a little off, not sure if this is what you fixed after Lynn’s comment or if it is what he heard? I clicked on the version in your Thurdsay 10:26 post. Really very good song !

Thanks! Yes I fixed the glitch at 3:10 and have re-balanced I.R.L.E.N.E.' s sound levels. Final mix coming in a few hours.

And don't worry about 'nitpicky,' that's what I'm here for! After months working on this song, one's ears tend to get a little stale. Always appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback and the kind words!

Edited by Barry Seymour
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Barry Seymour said:

I always thought it was considered polite to leave prior mixes in their original location

You can have links to both. 
And I agree that leaving the prior mix up is a good idea. 

t

As to editing the title (had to jump in the way back machine to find a thread I started).
Hit the "edit" cue.
The "Title Box" will be at the top of the page, type in the new title.
This is only available on the initial post; simples!

Edited by DeeringAmps

22 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

You can have links to both. 
And I agree that leaving the prior mix up is a good idea. 

t

As to editing the title (had to jump in the way back machine to find a thread I started).
Hit the "edit" cue.
The "Title Box" will be at the top of the page, type in the new title.
This is only available on the initial post; simples!

Yeah - when I went to edit the first entry in the thread, I was able to edit the thread title.

• Like 1