4TB Crucial P3 PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 Internal SSD (Up to 3500MB/s transfer speeds)

cclarry

I STILL remember paying $510 for a 20 MB harddisk!  

(And thinking "I'm never going to fill this sucker up!")

😂

Now I can't wait until I can pick up another 8 TB SSD...  (I've got almost 14 TB used; which equates to14,000,000 MB! 😮 )

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

Too bad its PCIe Gen3
If it was PCIe Gen4 I'd grab it in a heartbeat. 
Still - a nice, if not killer price for 4TB.

But it would be a good buy for me. My MB is only Gen 3.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grem said:

But it would be a good buy for me. My MB is only Gen 3.

Yes - with the caveat that I haven't been following price cycles on SSDs.
But I'm not seeing anything close to that price for a 4TB m.2.
I'm considering picking one up and putting it in an external drive housing.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Spice3d said:

I try not to buy hardware until absolutely need it. It will always be cheaper in the future. 

Yeah I had this in my cart two different times and didn't pull the trigger. I have a 500gb m.2 system drive that's not really half full yet. So I determined I didn't "need" it. 

However, these prices may not go much lower, if at all.

4 minutes ago, Grem said:

Yeah I had this in my cart two different times and didn't pull the trigger. I have a 500gb m.2 system drive that's not really half full yet. So I determined I didn't "need" it. 

However, these prices may not go much lower, if at all.

Once inflation sets in heavy (and it WILL) these prices will skyrocket FAST!

RAM and NAND chip prices aren't like most PC parts as they are traded commodities.
So they tend to fluctuate in both directions like other commodities such as oil and wheat etc, due to there being a market to trade them.
The market is for the chips only and not the finished sticks or drives.

There has been a large oversupply of both chip types since roughly the middle of last year, so these price drops have been well signposted.
The reports are saying that prices will continue to fall until the oversupply has been corrected.
It's hard to say when that will be as it depends on demand (the economy!) and how aggressive the manufacturers are in managing or even reducing supply. 
At least one manufacturer has said they will reduce supply; not sure if that was for NAND or RAM or both!
There are only a handful of companies making both types of chips in volume, so the volatility can be induced by the actions of just one company.

To be clear, many sellers of RAM sticks and SSDs buy the raw chips made by the handful of chip manufacturers.

https://www.dramexchange.com/

• Like 2