[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2019.07 Hotfix Early Access 1

Jesse Jost

2019.07 Hotfix Early Access 1 (HFEA1) installer now available!

Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback on the official 2019.07 release! This hotfix addresses some key issues based on field reports and user feedback. 

Note: The HFEA1 installer will only update the official 2019.07 release.

Download Hotfix EA1

What's New

• New  option to enable/disable setting the now time during playback via Track View Options > Click Behavior > Set During Playback
  • Hang on project open with "Allow Only One Open Project at a Time"
  • Edit Filter not persisting correctly with SITs
  • CTRL clicking a clip to select or deselect it during playback shouldn't move the now time
  • Hang when trying to open MIDI files in the Playlist
  • Persist of clip envelope visibility not working as expected for Edit Filters with Auto Track Zoom
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Thanks Jesse...

It appears to have solved that issue... Though I did get a crash during one test, I believe that is due to the Waves Abbey Road Studio 3 plugin and the nx head tracker they force open with it even if not used....

Love the plugin, but these are issues I would not expect of a mature developer...

Edit:

BTW, I love the returned ability to click within the project instead of the time line! I know some prefer the other paradigm, so I'm glad you quickly resolved that so we can all have what we prefer!

You Guys Rock!

Edited by Keni
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Keni said:

BTW, I love the returned ability to click within the project instead of the time line! I know some prefer the other paradigm, so I'm glad you quickly resolved that so we can all have what we prefer!

We had that decades ago with the audio view. While editing and zoomed in I think its much more convenient to be able to seek right where you see the peaks of the audio rather than going to the time ruler. Most of the time when auditioning edits I tend to be doing things visually rather than looking at the timeline so its a time saver (pun intended)

• Like 5
  • Great Idea 1

10 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

We had that decades ago with the audio view. While editing and zoomed in I think its much more convenient to be able to seek right where you see the peaks of the audio rather than going to the time ruler. Most of the time when auditioning edits I tend to be doing things visually rather than looking at the timeline so its a time saver (pun intended)

Thanks Noel !

I couldn't agree with you more !

Thank you for the fix! The automations are now working perfectly! 😍

I noticed that, sometimes, the Piano Roll doesn't open when I double click a clip on an Instrument track. Sometimes, not even when I right click on the clip and go to View > PRV. The Piano Roll View tab does appear on the Multidock but when I click on it, it doesn't come up. The tab appears but the PRV doesn't.

I fixed it by either changing the Screenset or by clicking on View>Revert Current Screenset.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited by Kaustub M. Joshi
Added some info

1 hour ago, Kaustub M. Joshi said:

sometimes, the Piano Roll doesn't open when I double click a clip on an Instrument track

how about trying a triple-click? there have been issues in the past with something being selected or focussed or not, so maybe your first click is doing the selecting/focussing but then the second-click of the double-click is only considered a single-click...?

6 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

how about trying a triple-click? there have been issues in the past with something being selected or focussed or not, so maybe your first click is doing the selecting/focussing but then the second-click of the double-click is only considered a single-click...?

I've tried that. It simply doesn't work until I either choose another screenset or click on revert. I don't know, maybe it's just happening at my end or something.

Is there a way to visually verify that the hotfix was correctly applied?  I updated to 2019.07 shortly after the update was released.  I just noticed the hotfix is available, downloaded and installed.

The about box shows 2019.07 (build 72).  Is that correct?

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by fogle622
Loaded correct screen shot.

If you save installers and in this case it is easy because the installer is a direct download, the full version number is part of the installer name.

In this case the installer is Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Update_Setup_25.07.0.72.exe. This is the installer for Version: 2019,07 (Build 72, 64 bit) where 25.07 refers to the version and the trailing 72 is the build.

hXZFLIY.png

• Thanks 1

Scook - can you remind us how to save the installer?  it's been  I think last november since I was able to catch an installer. Can't quite remember where to stop and save before it disappears. I'd like to catch this one if possible.

8 minutes ago, RBH said:

Scook - can you remind us how to save the installer?  it's been  I think last november since I was able to catch an installer. Can't quite remember where to stop and save before it disappears. I'd like to catch this one if possible.

This hotfix can be downloaded and saved wherever you want because you're saving the file, not BandLab Assistant.

4 hours ago, Kaustub M. Joshi said:

I've tried that. It simply doesn't work until I either choose another screenset or click on revert. I don't know, maybe it's just happening at my end or something.

You can always open the Piano roll view from  the View menu or Alt 3 as a work around

Edited by Blogospherianman

8 hours ago, Lemar Sain said:

Turns out my crashes (app freezes)  were random. Though less frequent, they still persist in the hotfix. I did manage to get a dump file this time through the task manager.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ga_G0rNJhXlXYRdXCIC90JHIXVdLKT3P

This could be an indication of a failing memory module. When it's random like this, it's really hard to track down.

• Jesse Jost changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2019.07 Hotfix Early Access 1
  • Morten Saether locked this topic