Kirk Hunter OUT NOW: Kinetic Brass Plus - 60% OFF!

cclarry

$99 intro price

Requirements

The FULL VERSION of Kontakt 5.7.1 or newer. (Kinetic Brass Original)

The FULL VERSION of Kontakt 6.6.1 (Kinetic Brass Plus)

These will only run in DEMO mode if you load into the free player version of Kontakt.

7.56GB download size, 7.7GB after extraction.

Mac OSX 10.9 or newer, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, although 6 or more is recommended.

Windows 7 or newer, Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4 GB RAM, although 6 or more is recommended.

https://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/products/kinetic-brass-plus/

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2

I like Kirk’s libraries but this last reply leaves me wondering?

i emailed him because after loading up a new PC, the most recent Kontakt would not authorize Virtuoso Ensembles telling me the .ncti file couldn’t be found. On my phone so the extension is off the top of my head. However the file is there but won’t activate the Library and the file tab won’t load it because it has an associated Library.  Here is Kirk’s response:

”As far as the activation, I would love to help you, but this looks to be an issue with Native Instruments…. Which is why we no longer create libraries needing their authorization.”

Huh?  Anybody have similar issue?

Edited by Fwrend

3 hours ago, Fwrend said:

”As far as the activation, I would love to help you, but this looks to be an issue with Native Instruments…. Which is why we no longer create libraries needing their authorization.”

My guess is that this means we no longer create Kontakt Player libraries that need authorisation via Native Access.

• Great Idea 2

15 hours ago, antler said:

My guess is that this means we no longer create Kontakt Player libraries that need authorisation via Native Access.

Thanks!  Sorry for the thread highjack, but I was intrigued to know if new Hunter libraries still offered Library activation or not per Kirk's remarks.

I've emailed (in a very convoluted process!) Native Instruments.  Since this is a new PC, there is nothing to delete in the registry per some of the videos I've seen on removing Kontakt Libraries.  But that doesn't keep Native Access from showing the library and won't let me "Locate" the library as normal nor remove it. 

27 minutes ago, husker said:

What version of Native Access are you using? 

NA version 3.20
Kontakt version 5.8.1

Trying the Locate function gives me this:

863879204_VirtuosoEnsembles2.png.806c280db52a9f39238ddf14b07e7562.png

The NI fix is to make sure the aforementioned file is present which it is:

631711464_VirtuosoEnsembles.png.2825f82398caace58bf2a8461b9b1960.png

Clicking on the three dots in the upper right only shows Release Notes
and Installation Paths which when clicked shows no path where other NI & third party libs do:

456443573_VirtuosoEnsembles3.png.75d0b8d934ff56146ace1bcef74a9281.png

Edited by Fwrend

6 hours ago, Fwrend said:

I was intrigued to know if new Hunter libraries still offered Library activation or not per Kirk's remarks.

I bought the latest Kirk Hunter Kinetic Strings and it was a direct download plus an activation file only. Native Access not involved.

• Thanks 1

@Fwrend Did you rename the library folder by any chance? I'm still using Native Access 1, but adding libraries can fail if the folder name isn't as  it expects it to be. Typically the folder name is the same as the product name (which seems to be the case from your screenshots), but it can sometimes be different, e.g. using underscores instead of spaces; or having the developer's name in the folder.

Update: I heard back from an email to NI who mentioned being concerned about there being two .nicnt files as in the pic above.  I checked with other library instrument folders and noticed which file was the correct one then deleted the extra from the Kirk Hunter folder.  Voila'!  It now works.  Thanks all for the sounding board and input!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fwrend said:

Update: I heard back from an email to NI who mentioned being concerned about there being two .nicnt files as in the pic above.  I checked with other library instrument folders and noticed which file was the correct one then deleted the extra from the Kirk Hunter folder.  Voila'!  It now works.  Thanks all for the sounding board and input!

Ah... I didn't think those would count. As far as I know, those files that begin ._ are Mac metadata files. Not being a Mac user, I usually do a find for them and delete them all. Off the top of my head, I think the other common Mac files are .ds_store.

• Like 1