FREE! Magix coreFX VolumeFormer reg. $24.99

PavlovsCat

Magix is offering the coreFX VolumeFormer audio effect plugin for Mac & Win as a free download until April 2nd (reg. $24.99).

Magix describes the plugin as follows:

"A pump effect without complicated sidechain routing that is created by rhythmically reducing and increasing the volume. The shape of the envelope, i.e., decrease and increase, as well as the modulation frequency, e.g., to match the beat, can be freely adjusted. This creates a gate or sidechain effect, which is frequently found in house and EDM as well as in rock and pop."

Users of coreFX VolumeFormer can upgrade to the full suite for $59.99 USD instead of reg. $199 (70% off).

Plug-in formats include AAX (64-bit), AU, VST2 and VST3. 

https://www.magix.com/us/music-editing/audio-plugin-union/corefx-volumeformer/

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• MISSING HOSTS: 
    • SONAR
    • Cakewalk by Bandlab
    • Voltage Modular
  • MISSING PLUGIN FORMATS:
    • CLAP

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

You will receive an email shortly with further information.

UPDATE: The e-mail came about 30-35 minutes after my request.  It works in VM, too.  Not sure the bundle would be cost effective for me, but I can some possible uses of this freebie.  BTW, exposed parameters (VST3 version) are

• Trigger
    • Sync Time
    • Shift
    • Free Frequency
    • Mode
    • On
    • Triplet
  • Envelope
    • Attack Time
    • Hold Time
    • Decay Time
    • Attack Shape
    • Decay Shape
    • Direction
  • Amount
  • Manual Trigger [can be automated, such as with an LFO as a gate]
  • Mode
  • Bypass
  • Program [to automate preset changes]

I assume all these show up in Cakewalk, too.

Edited by User 905133
Edits

5 hours ago, User 905133 said:
  • MISSING HOSTS: 
    • SONAR
    • Cakewalk by Bandlab
    • Voltage Modular
  • MISSING PLUGIN FORMATS:
    • CLAP

I already have it installed on my system and it works perfectly in Cakewalk for me (I'm using Windows 10 and the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab).

A LOT of plugin developers don't list Cakewalk by Bandlab. It doesn't mean it won't work with that host, it usually means that they don't formally offer support.  

Edited by PavlovsCat
Edited for clarity sake following Starship Krupa's much better and more thorough explanation (than mine).
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

A LOT of plugin developers don't list Cakewalk by Bandlab. It doesn't mean it won't work with that host, it usually means that they simply didn't test that host.

Yes. Thorough QA testing costs money. I used to do it and made pretty good bucks at it. Host/plug-in compatibility is fraught with issues. Witness the current state of CbB. If it's crashing on you, 90% or more of the time, it's a plug-in compatibility issue. CbB still has bugs (as does all software), but they're in the realm of features not functioning correctly in certain cases rather than crashing all by itself.

It doesn't even necessarily mean that they didn't test with a given host, it could be that they don't want to commit to guaranteeing support for it. The more hosts they guarantee support for, the greater the likelihood that they'll need to revisit the code.

Mixcraft, Waveform, Mixbus, Bitwig, MuLab, Audacity, Cantabile and MAGIX Movie Studio are also missing from the list of supported hosts. Whenever this issue is raised, there are always plenty of other hosts that are omitted. It's life with a DAW that's not widely advertised and covered in the magazines.

• Like 3

@Starship Krupa As I realize that a ton of people here are IT pros and consequently,  know a lot more than me about software development (I'm a business guy from the tech world,  but not an actual IT pro), so I was a little hesitant posting anything about software knowing so people here do IT for a living! As always,  I often learn from your posts and greatly appreciate your helpful nature. Thanks,  Erik. 

• Thanks 1

Who knows what the perceptions are. REAPER doesn't do paid advertising, but they're almost always on the supported lists. Maybe because REAPER users will mailbomb any developer into the stone age if it's not? 😄

Cakewalk is freeware, so maybe there's a perception that people who choose it are broke/frugal sorts who don't like to spend money. While that is doubtlessly true in many cases, with plenty of us, we spend the audio software money we save on the DAW on plug-ins. More, probably, if they're reading this forum.

After all, BandLab's Cakewalk Forum is host to the far and away best discussion related to deals on plug-ins anywhere on the 'net. If you can't find it here, it ain't no deal.

• Like 5