Now available – the brand-new SOUND FORGE Pro 17!

cclarry

$299 upgrade

Highlights NEW!

External FX NEW!

VST Enhancements

NEW! coreFX Utility

NEW! Optimized Onboarding dynamicEQ now featuring oversampling (exclusively in the Suite) Melodyne essential version 5.3 (exclusively in the Suite) Mastering and restoration with iZotope plug-ins: Ozone 10 Elements & RX 10 Elements 32-channel audio recording, editing, and processing VST Engine & ARA2 support Record at up to 64-bit/768 kHz Numerous audio effects and plug-ins for sound design, mixing & mastering zplane élastiquePro v3 Timestretch

https://www.magix.com/index.php?id=29871&L=52

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Brian Cadoret said:

A crazy price for an upgrade I just don't get Magix's logic!

The upgrade is for the suite, the regular version most of us have is $200 for the upgrade.  I'd also argue that is far too much but not much of a deviation for how this product is treated historically.  There just isn't much that can be upgraded and improved upon which makes it a tough sell.  

They felt pretty slow to support newer technologies, 64bit VST3 support came out 10 years after VST3 was launched I believe.

9 hours ago, Brian Cadoret said:

A crazy price for an upgrade I just don't get Magix's logic!

Ah, just wait a couple of months and the upgrade price will have settled into the realm of sanity.

Software companies just do this. The initial announced upgrade price is whatever they think they can get from those who must have the latest versions of everything.

I get that, I used to be much more that way than I am now. I think Vegas Pro was what got me to realize that I don't necessarily need to upgrade a program that already does way more than I'll ever learn how to use. After a product like that matures, the new features are so up in the stratosphere as to be way beyond anything I'm currently doing or even likely to do in the foreseeable future. "HD video" around these parts still maxes out at 1920x1280.

• Like 2

Just to make sure people are aware.

Vegas, Soundforge and other magix apps turn up quiet regularly in Humble Bundles. Typically you will pay about $25 for a bundle, never more really. The versions of Vegas, Soundforge etc would usually be 2 or 3 behind the latest version. So I imagine the next audio bundle from HB will include say Soundforge 14 Pro and/or Vegas Pro 19 ( Last HB Audio or Video bundle had SF 13 and Vegas 18 Pro

So do keep an eye out. For last good few years this is how I have been upgrading SF and Vegas. Cannot argue with the price. Of course the HB with SF, Vegas comes with other software on top also that maybe useful

https://www.humblebundle.com/software 

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Great Idea 1