TH3-64 being noted as having a problem during scans

Toddskins

Twice now during my manual scans of VST, CbB has alerted me that the TH3-64 plugin is having an error due to any of about 4 or 5 different reasons, i.e. low memory, failed plugin, interference with something else, ...

Can anyone suggest a solution?  Is there a way to reinstall that plugin, or copy  the .dll or .vst or vst3 file, and replace the one I have?

I just installed 3 new items into my DAW today (Waves Abbey Road Studio 3; Waves Grand Rhapsody piano, and Synthology Ivory II American Concert D piano), so not sure what to do about this error I'm being told about.

TBH is listed in my browser plugin window.

Edited by Toddskins

It is a little difficult to reply without knowing exactly what the error messages say. If the messages provide an option to enable the plug-in regardless of the condition it should be OK to do so. At least, I cannot recall a time when I took the enable option and experienced a problem with a "known good" plug-in like TH3.

There are a couple of things which one can do to make the scan process more robust. 

• Make sure both "Rescan Failed Plug-ins" and "Rescan All Plug-ins" in preferences are not checked. These are disabled by default and should stay that way unless trying to resolve a specific problem. Once resolved, the options should be immediately turned off so that they do not interfere with future scans. Plug-ins only need to be scanned once.
  • Make sure "Scan in Sandbox" is enabled. Prior to having this feature, it was common for scanner to report problems scanning plug-ins. Often the problem was caused by a plug-in or plug-ins corrupting memory prior to the one reported the problem. The "Scan is Sandbox" was added to address this issue. This option is also on the VST Settings preference page.

If the problem persists, it may be helpful to post the scan path as shown on the VST Settings preference page.

• Like 1