On The Run first iteration

Keith Wilby

My first impression of this song is that you must have had a blast creating this.  Your vocal is very convincing and interestingly produced.  The driving drum beat really moves the guitar track along, and everything sounds like it's in its right place in the mix.  I just knew I was gonna like this song before I even played it.

Nice use of delay on the vocal. Sweet guitar work.

10 hours ago, Keith Wilby said:

particularly since there's no chorus or middle 8

If something jumps up and bites you add it.
If not, the tune stands on its own just as it is.

I hold the "thumbs" and "applause" for the final iteration...

t

• Thanks 1

Keith , off to a Great start on this one. I don't think there's much to add to it. I think I would be tempted to sing on top of some of the guitar licks , like at 0:57-1:03.   Might work , might not , and  I'd just stick a marker somewhere and "call it a chorus".   Very nice guitar work!      Enjoyed the energy ..   mark

• Thanks 1

First, Its a very nice tune-middle 8 or not.  Instrumentally the guitar is the featured attraction, but it sounds like it could stand some width, as it sounded a bit boxed & down the middle.  Regardless of the guitar being the featured attraction the vocals are always the headliner IMO, so I tend to question when other instruments invade their territory, and there seems to be a lot of stuff coming down the middle in a very narrow way. Nevertheless, in a way I like it. Perhaps because each has its own space in time and things are rarely overlapping at the same time. But the boxy-ness does give it a certain thinness that seems to trouble me. With all that subjective BS said, I do like this tune and enjoyed it. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2023 at 1:46 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Nice use of delay on the vocal. Sweet guitar work.

If something jumps up and bites you add it.
If not, the tune stands on its own just as it is.

I hold the "thumbs" and "applause" for the final iteration...

t

agreed, if it ain't broken don't fix it👍🏼

• Thanks 1