CbB Won't Open (SOLVED)

Paul G

I have a fairly new install of CbB on Win10.  I've been working my way through various issues but so far it's been working.  Last night I got my Frontier Tranzport installed and was hoping to track some vocals this afternoon.  When I started Win10 and clicked on the CbB shortcut the program refused to open.  It would put up the opening splash screen and after one or two seconds, it would be gone.  I've  tried everything I can think of but it's no go.  I uninstalled the Tranzport drivers and even updated CbB to the latest version, (I think, as it won't open, I can't check that). 

I didn't try to open CbB using the executable file inside the program folder, (don't see that making a difference though).  The only other thing I haven't tried yet is to completely uninstall CbB and then reinstall.  I don't really want to go through setting it all up again.  I was able to open other programs, even Splat.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Edited by Paul G

Mmmm ..... probably things you have already tried.  I would make sure the program is updated and activated and connected to the internet (Bandlab assistant).  Make sure I have good drivers for sound interface / card.  Try other DAWs like Fruity Loops / Fl Studio, etc etc and see if other DAWS can see and use sound card.     Windows restore point if it was working before? 

Hope this helps.

18 hours ago, james rector said:

Mmmm ..... probably things you have already tried.  I would make sure the program is updated and activated and connected to the internet (Bandlab assistant).  Make sure I have good drivers for sound interface / card.  Try other DAWs like Fruity Loops / Fl Studio, etc etc and see if other DAWS can see and use sound card.     Windows restore point if it was working before? 

Hope this helps.

Thanks much, James.

I was in the same boat a couple of months ago when I installed my M-Audio Hammer Pro 88. Everything was working until I shut off the PC. When I started up again, I'd get the splash screen for a few seconds, then gone. I contacted CbB Support, who led me through several steps. Ultimately, they had me do some registry edits, which fixed the problem.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Heygumbo said:

I was in the same boat a couple of months ago when I installed my M-Audio Hammer Pro 88. Everything was working until I shut off the PC. When I started up again, I'd get the splash screen for a few seconds, then gone. I contacted CbB Support, who led me through several steps. Ultimately, they had me do some registry edits, which fixed the problem.

Thanks much for that.

Paul

Problem is Cakewalk was working fine - then all of a sudden it will not open.

Equipment:  Dell desktop with Windows 10 Pro 64bit

CAUSE:  In my case it was corrupted creative soundblaster Z driver - or possibly a ##@&G@! microsoft update!

SOLUTION: 

1. I uninstalled all Creative SOFTWARE

2. I shut down computer and REMOVED the PCI-E sound card - restarted - then shut down again.

3. I reinstalled the sound card & restarted computer

4. Still had original Crative install CD - installed all driver and software.

5.  Cakewalk opened again!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ralph Wagnitz said:

Problem is Cakewalk was working fine - then all of a sudden it will not open.

Equipment:  Dell desktop with Windows 10 Pro 64bit

CAUSE:  In my case it was corrupted creative soundblaster Z driver - or possibly a ##@&G@! microsoft update!

SOLUTION: 

1. I uninstalled all Creative SOFTWARE

2. I shut down computer and REMOVED the PCI-E sound card - restarted - then shut down again.

3. I reinstalled the sound card & restarted computer

4. Still had original Crative install CD - installed all driver and software.

5.  Cakewalk opened again!!

Thanks Ralph. 

I've uninstalled my Focusrite drivers and Control software as well as Sonarworks SoundID Reference and CbB will still not open.  I really don't want to reinstall CbB but that's what support is advising, a clean reinstall.  I'm concerned that doing a complete uninstall will wipe all the previous versions of Sonar I have installed.  While getting everything back in is possible, it's a lot of work!

Paul

I ended up doing the clean install which included all the previous versions of Sonar I had installed, (Sonar 8, 8.5, X2 & X3, Splat & CbB).  What a pain!

CbB did open at that point but I could not open a project file without a crash.  I began to open project files via “Safe Mode” and after a long and arduous process I identified the plugin that was causing the problem.  Unfortunately, I have no idea what was causing the initial CbB crashes.

The project file crashes was caused by BReverb but I think I initially installed the wrong version.  If I remember correctly, there was a problem with BReverb at one point and an updated version for Sonar was released.

The problem with CbB crashing might have been a Win10 update.  I keep this computer offline but whenever I need to access the Web, it sneaks in an update and I don’t always see it.

Everything seems to be working as it should now.  Thanks for your help.

Paul