East/West Opus Free yet

jim137

Currently you must purchase Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition to get the OPUS software. People who purchase any other EastWest product post-release will also get OPUS. All ComposerCloud members will automatically get OPUS. But we are going to wait a while before allowing previous PLAY product purchasers to upgrade in order to assist our support team during this major upgrade period. When we do provide that option, it will be a paid upgrade.

https://www.soundsonline.com/support/faq

16 minutes ago, jngnz said:

I bought the Diamond Orchestra thing years ago and never used it but also can't sell it. 700 GB is ridiculous anyway.

It’s what devs like EastWest or Spitfire (BBCSO) are charging for a full orchestra. But if you watch out for sales, you’ll get them for almost half.  

2 hours ago, jngnz said:

I bought the Diamond Orchestra thing years ago and never used it but also can't sell it. 700 GB is ridiculous anyway.

The new one is just under 1TB.  They got away from editions with new products.  Many times they are on sale.  

2 hours ago, jngnz said:

Did you see I said GB as in gigabytes? ;) I think I paid like $100.

I don't think Hollywood Orchestra Diamond has ever been even close to $100.  A few years ago it was still about $500 even on sale. Now it's closer to $300 on sale.

5 minutes ago, BTP said:

I don't think Hollywood Orchestra Diamond has ever been even close to $100.  A few years ago it was still about $500 even on sale. Now it's closer to $300 on sale.

My bad, it was Hollywood STRINGS Diamond.  $134.98 and 670ish GB.

15 minutes ago, jngnz said:

My bad, it was Hollywood STRINGS Diamond.  $134.98 and 670ish GB.

Hollywood Strings Diamond always was around 300GB, the largest of four parts (Strings, Brass, Woodwinds and Percussion). Brass and Woodwinds are 150GB each and Percussion about 100GB. All four would be around 700GB indeed. 

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Hollywood Strings Diamond always was around 300GB, the largest of four parts (Strings, Brass, Woodwinds and Percussion). Brass and Woodwinds are 150GB each and Percussion about 100GB. All four would be around 700GB indeed. 

Maybe I remember needing around 600 GB during install/extraction? Anyway, who cares. It's frustrating they won't let you sell stuff, but that goes for almost all library devs with few exceptions.