ENDED ... Pluginguru Unify for $47.40

ralfrobert

12 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Indeed. Get it while you can. 

I did last time all you guys went crazy when it went on sale and I haven't found any use for it. Might just be me going "meh, I can do that in Bitwig anyway" though.

Also, the soundsets for Diva and Zebra have got to be some of the worst ones on the market. I didn't find a single usable sound in there.

42 minutes ago, jngnz said:

I did last time all you guys went crazy when it went on sale and I haven't found any use for it. Might just be me going "meh, I can do that in Bitwig anyway" though.

Me too. Although I haven't installed yet, maybe that's why I haven't found a use for it or a sound I like. 😂

• Haha 3

Yep, we can do it all in Bitwig :)

But even if you don’t use Unity’s unifying magic, there’s still over 3GB of pretty good sounds in there. 
And the MegaMagic series (string, guitars and pads) for Kontakt, Omnisphere or Unify must be the best in class. 

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

Indeed. Get it while you can. 

Alright. You finally talked me into it. 

I figure instead of me trying to learn all the different synths I have, I will learn the Unify way and be done with it!! LOL!!

Kinda excited to see what this can do.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jngnz said:

Also, the soundsets for Diva and Zebra have got to be some of the worst ones on the market. I didn't find a single usable sound in there.

Same here.  It's a plugin container for certain plugins.   It seems useful if you have Cherry Audio and Spitfire stuff which I don't.  Easy pass.   I'm glad someone posted against the norm. 

• Like 1

Didn’t know I was part of the norm. Feels kinda awkward. 
Anyway, here’s the guy’s list:

“Master List of our 80+ Unified Libraries – all are free – click to download:

Applied Acoustic Systems Chromaphone 3

ART Tube Synth

Arturia Augmented Strings Intro 

Arturia Pigments 3.5 MPE Enabled

Arturia Pigments 3.5 NOT MPE Enabled

BrainWorx Knifonium

BrainWorx Oberhausen 1.5

Cherry Audio CA2600 C

Cherry Audio DC-106

Cherry Audio Dream Synth

Cherry Audio Eight Voice

Cherry Audio GX-80

Cherry Audio Memorymode

Cherry Audio Mercury-6

Cherry Audio Polymode

Cherry Audio PS-20

Cherry Audio Quadra 

Cherry Audio Sines

Decent Sampler 

Dmitry Saches Diversion

Dmitry Saches / PlugIn Alliance Thorn

GForce impOSCar 2

GForce MiniMonsta V1

GForce OB-E (Macro Knobs Updated for V2, doesn’t include V2 patches (yet))

GForce SEM (Includes support for both VST2 and VST3)

GForce VSM (Virtual String Module)

Gospel Musicians FM TiNES 2

Heavyocity ASCEND Modern Grand – Kontakt 6

Impact Sound Works Harpejji Sample Library– Kontakt 6

Initial Audio Sektor  NEW!!

Kilohearts Phase Plant FACTORY

Kilohearts Phase Plant “Gratis”  BONUS Free Library

Klevgrand Borsta

Korg M1 (1750 Patches)

Korg Prophecy

Korg Wavestate

Lennar Digital Sylenth1

Martininc AX73 Analog Synthesizer MAC

Martininc AX73 Analog Synthesizer PC

MOK Miniraze

MOK WAVERAZOR

New Fangled Audio/Eventide Generate

New Fangled Audio/Eventide Pendulate – FREE SYNTH  LINK

Native Instruments Noire – Kontakt 6

Spectrasonics Nylon Sky Sonic Extension for Omnisphere 2

Oblivion Sound Lab Hex Drum

Reveal-Sound Spire 1.5

Rhizomatic’s Plasmonic –  uses VST3 format

Rob Papen Punch 2

Softube Model 82 (Uses VST3 format)

Sonic Charge Microtonic

Spitfire Albion COLOSSUS

Spitfire Blankfor_MS TAPE SYNTHS

Spitfire LABS Unified – Just added Autograph Grand

Spitfire ORG Cimbalom Unified 

Spitfire ORG Cinematic Pads Unified

Spitfire ORG Cinematic Percussion Unified

Spitfire ORG Epic Brass n Woodwinds Unified

Spitfire ORG Epic Choir

Spitfire ORG Epic Strings Unified

Spitfire ORG Felt Piano Unified

Spitfire ORG Frozen Strings Unified

Spitfire ORG Intimate Grand Piano

Spitfire ORG Intimate Strings

Spitfire ORG Media Toolkit Unified

Spitfire ORG Mrs Mills Piano Unified

Spitfire Audio Recording – Hainbach – Landfill Totems

Spitfire Audio Signatures – Fink Acoustic Guitars

Surge Original, not JUCE version – FREE SYNTH – Uses VST3 Format – LINK

Synapse Audio Dune 3

Synapse Audio Dune 3.5

Synapse Audio’s Obsession

TAL-J-8

TAL U-No-LX

Tone2 Icarus 2

Tone2 Nemesis 2

Tone2 SAURUS 3 (VST2)

Tone2 Warlock – uses VST3 format

U-He Bazille

U-He DIVA 

U-He Hive 2.1

U-He’s Repro-1 and Repro-5

U-He Zebra2

U-He Zebra2 HZ

UVI Falcon 2.5

UVI Falcon Quadra Muted and Harmonics

UVI Workstation Quadra Muted and Harmonics(The UVI Workstation is FREE, The UVI Workstation is Quadra is not)

Waldorf Largo

Xfer Records SERUM

Yamaha TX816 Factory Patches (you only need Unify for this library to work)”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A few thoughts:

1) If there is a program with an interface you don't like, Unify may be able to fix it.  A little work there and it is easy to use.  Any many programs come pre-Unified.
For example, I really don't like the new Spitfire interface.  It stopped me from buying anything from them.  I  didn't even download the free LABS instruments.  But after playing a few with Unify, I downloaded all of them. 

I haven't tried to use it for my Tarilonte-engine stuff, but I'm sure it would work.  Make a bunch of presets for the patches you like--which should take fifteen minutes, and you'll never be cursing Engine again. 

2) If you have a program like Falcon that is single thread, it is going to totally poop out your computer when you try to layer the sounds.  Take two or threpresets from any of the Falcon presets or expansions and put them together and wham!  It can crash with as little as that. Because a lot of the presets they sell are loaded up with a ton of stuff inside.  Load as many Falcon Patches into the multi-threaded Unify and use the full power of your computer.  It's been able to handle everything I've thrown at it.  And you can save the whole thing as a preset.  And you can make new knobs that can move a lot of the other knobs at once. 

3) Hooking up MIDI programs that drive VSTs from another trackcan be a little tricky in DAWs.  You have to put the MIDI device in the right place and have it drive the other, etc.  And sometimes I have to remember how to do it.  It's a breeze to do in Unify.  Once you've done it and saved a preset, you can call it up any time and change the instrument you want to control.

4) what if you want to try out a new VST, but don't want to have Unify scan all your VSTs?   Just drag the .dll in and you're good to go.  I usually go there if I quickly want to try something out. 

While you're checking out a new VST put in a tag like "piano" or "guitar" etc, save it and then you can find all your pianos with a quick search.

There's a lot more stuff it can do.  The biggest problem is you have to take the time to learn how.  The UI is not the greatest. 

But i do think the sounds are worth more than $47.50.   It's not much more than the price of some expansions, and less than many.  Lehmkuhl is a giant as a sound designer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I see this is for a Standard Edition.  Is there a Pro Edition? I didn't see any other editions listed at the website (other than the demo version).  Maybe I missed it?

Even though I downloaded, installed, and tried the demo, I am also not sure if Unify would benefit my work  flow, so thanks to all for the varying view points--from those who whaven't found a use for it to those who mentioned how they use it.    

Edited by User 905133

Unfortunately, on the Pluginguru website you can only download an old version (v1.41) DEMO which, in my personal opinion, is very limited in terms of not being able to load the previously named free presets and it already demoralizes me to buy it, Pluginguru should at least update the DEMO. On the other hand it is nothing more than a tool to organize instr and fx plugins which could also be achieved with any DAW and a lot of patience...

• Thanks 1

As a Bitwig and Unify owner one thing I think Unify can do that would be difficult in Bitwig (maybe) is easy conversion of mono instrument VSTs into Poly ones using I think midibox plugin inside of Unify

Ive used it to create poly versions of Monark etc 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Mark B said:

As a Bitwig and Unify owner one thing I think Unify can do that would be difficult in Bitwig (maybe) is easy conversion of mono instrument VSTs into Poly ones using I think midibox plugin inside of Unify

Ive used it to create poly versions of Monark etc

That's a big benefit! Trigger multiple instances of a mono synth inside one Unify patch with the midibox plugin, and the voices get spread among them so that you have polyphony!

• Like 1

Sure, you can do a lot of this in a DAW with some effort. But here are a few of the reasons that I like Unify...

• A big # 1 is that Unify assigns each instrument to a separate CPU core/thread for performance optimization.
  • Hides the interface for instruments that you don't care to look at. Here's looking at you Spitfire!
  • Provides a preset browser via Unify patches for plugins that don't have modern browsing or search abilities. Also has a "favorites" tagging system.
  • Ability to search across all owned plugin libraries for presets that have been "Unified". Can't do this with a DAW.
  • Since Unify is also a plugin, you can use any Unify preset in any DAW. A Unify preset is portable, so setup once and use it on any computer with Unify (and the respective instrument plugins) installed, even if it is running a different DAW!
  • Extensive macro knob control (4 banks x8) of plugin automation parameters on any layer. Great if you are playing the instrument in real-time. You can MIDI learn the macro knobs by CC to any controls on your controller. Keyboard splits and layers are a breeze to setup.
  • The ability to quickly find and stack sounds from different synths together. Happy accidents!
  • Lots of MIDI FX to work with on MIDI layers.

I currently have 21,577 Unify patches to work with... ;)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Fleer said:

From that link:

"The BBC Symphony Orchestra plugin by Spitfire Audio is a wonderful entire orchestra in a single plug-in. Given the patience to sequence out multiple tracks, it is a very convincing sounding! BUT….. What if you would like to play it LIVE? All 5 String Sections, all 5 Woodwind sections AND all 5 Brass Sections, on the keyboard, ready to knock your socks off? There is only 1 way to pull this off and then change to another of over 180 variations/combinations of these instruments = In Unify! And this is just the beginning!"

• Like 2