[Solved] Where do I go to update my Sonar/Cakewalk?

icu81b4

Question

Sorry for the lame question, but I've had a look at the FAQ, and the answer isn't there, So.... 

I have SPLAT version 2017.10[23.10.0.4] and I put off updating anything for the last year as I was in the middle of producing a project and didn't want any potential problems with updates to stop me working, anyhoo the project is now complete and I can look to update my DAW. 

1. Where do I download the latest version from? 

2.  Can I download the latest CbB and keep my existing version of Sonar (mentioned above) just in case of problems or does the new version overwrite the old?

Thanks in anticipation. 

Al. 

PS. - I can't tell you how pleased I am that Bandlab picked this product up :)

Edited by icu81b4

4 answers to this question

Just now, icu81b4 said:

Thanks Jon, So is the old Cakewalk Command Center is no longer used at all?

The Cakewalk Command Center still works - there just isn't anything new since 2017.10[23.10.0.4] available. That was when Gibson shut down Cakewalk and no longer supported it. BandLab did pick up the intellectual property shortly after and by April released the first version of Cakewalk By BandLab. It isn't that CCC isn't useful - if you need to reinstalled SPLAT or the plug-ins that were purchased "back then" then CCC can still install them. But if you want new, you only have the choice of a new company and their way of supporting the product - which is the BandLab Assistant.

48 minutes ago, John Sandlin said:

The Cakewalk Command Center still works - there just isn't anything new since 2017.10[23.10.0.4] available. That was when Gibson shut down Cakewalk and no longer supported it. BandLab did pick up the intellectual property shortly after and by April released the first version of Cakewalk By BandLab. It isn't that CCC isn't useful - if you need to reinstalled SPLAT or the plug-ins that were purchased "back then" then CCC can still install them. But if you want new, you only have the choice of a new company and their way of supporting the product - which is the BandLab Assistant.

Well that was simplicity itself :) 

Just installed and tested my latest project and all plugins seemed to work as well as all the Region fx like (eg: Vocalign) were all available. 

Thanks.  

Edited by icu81b4
spelling