The Darkness Within

Wookiee

Firstly an apology to those who contribute here for not listening to your contributions, it is not that I do not want to but life has been a tad busy, more details are in the tune here Sad Day

The Darkness Within Toys

Cherry Audio Voltage Modular

Arturia Pigments x 4

FX 
Cherry Audio Rackmode Phaser

All other FX Cakewalk stock.

Following on from Sad Day this reflects some of the internal turmoil of actions taken, for the best in the most part, but there is still the pain within.

I would not recommend listening on headphones or buds at high levels there are some very painful tones.

• Like 4

I'm sure this does reflect the inner turmoil in which you feel yourself embroiled.
I think we all "feel" what must be most excruciating for you.
We are here for you when you need us Wooks, our hearts go out to you.

t

take care my friend, sometimes life serves us up choices, none of which are easy...

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, RikF said:

Hi Wookiee, this is indeed dark, hope you're well.

Rik

Thanks Rik, I am and then I am not. I just have moments in the dark when I miss her.  I am getting used to being alone, but I am not, I have my dog who really does not like me going anywhere without her.  🐕 and I mean anywhere.

14 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Mournful and almost haunting mood to this. Really well done Wookie. The didgeridoo-ish instrument puts a sinister spin on the mood which is very effective.
Take care,
-Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn, the didgeridoo is from a custom patch in Cherry Audio's Voltage Modular. It uses random events to shape LFO's and trigger envelopes to synthesise the effects of circular breathing.  Thanks for your ears and kind words. 

On 3/18/2023 at 4:26 PM, DeeringAmps said:

I'm sure this does reflect the inner turmoil in which you feel yourself embroiled.
I think we all "feel" what must be most excruciating for you.
We are here for you when you need us Wooks, our hearts go out to you.

t

take care my friend, sometimes life serves us up choices, none of which are easy...

Thanks t, that is the nature of the beast we call life. Missi is a treat she keeps me sane. 

• Like 1

I find it very helpful when times are hard to indulge in making music to express what I am feeling, same for many of us I bet. This piece definitely is an ode to darkness within as you named it. It is very well done, the instrumentation is great, the abstract sounds are haunting, the rhythmic parts add to the tension and ground it. And then the spaces, yes sometimes when we think the dark feelings are past, they come up again. The mix sounds great over here. Great job of making something meaningful and darkly beautiful from your circumstances, and I wish you the best ! take care

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2023 at 5:44 AM, Larry T. said:

Hello Wookiee. The tones and motifs communicate. I wish you, and all who you wish happiness to, the inner strength and wisdom to guide you all through to a more peaceful and meaningful reality 🎶⛈️🎶

Thank you Larry, you comments and thoughts are appreciated. 

On 3/19/2023 at 8:50 PM, Johnbee58 said:

Very effectively expresses turmoil of some kind.  You should be a film or TV score composer.  You know how to manipulate emotions with your music.

I hope all is well.  If not, I hope things improve in your favor soon.

Best

😀John B

Thank you John, I keep being told that is what I should do with my music, maybe one day.

On 3/20/2023 at 1:59 AM, treesha said:

I find it very helpful when times are hard to indulge in making music to express what I am feeling, same for many of us I bet. This piece definitely is an ode to darkness within as you named it. It is very well done, the instrumentation is great, the abstract sounds are haunting, the rhythmic parts add to the tension and ground it. And then the spaces, yes sometimes when we think the dark feelings are past, they come up again. The mix sounds great over here. Great job of making something meaningful and darkly beautiful from your circumstances, and I wish you the best ! take care

Thank you Treesha, as you say music allows a level of communication that, as powerful as words can be, that words sometimes can not. I appreciate your kind words and thoughtful comments. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 9:40 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Wookie

I do hope things improve soon - a Dark and Haunting piece of music my friend

thinking of you

Nigel

Thanks Nigel, good and bad days, the music both writing and listening really helps, along with strolling with the dog, nothing else matters when I am out with her, the mind can wander but it always returns to her fun and her enjoyment. 

Old mate, this is as haunting as anything I've ever heard from you.  I can tell you're digging deep for this production, which makes it very memorable, indeed!  Yet, interestingly, it provides solace from your pain...  it strikes a universal chord because this is something that we've all gone through or will go through in our lives.

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2023 at 8:00 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

Old mate, this is as haunting as anything I've ever heard from you.  I can tell you're digging deep for this production, which makes it very memorable, indeed!  Yet, interestingly, it provides solace from your pain...  it strikes a universal chord because this is something that we've all gone through or will go through in our lives.

Thank you Lynn, correct it is meant to give that sense. Another tune is fermenting which follows the theme it is quite cathartic to work through they pain and loss of my best friend, who is, but isn't, still here. 

• Like 1