PA Mega Bundle Monthly Deal

cclarry

I got an email offering me the subscription for $17/mo. I confess that, as much as I hate the idea of a software subscription, there's a threshold value that would made me think. I just cancelled a $10/mo usenet subscription that I was not using. I'm downgrading my cable tv plan to a bare minimum because I mostly use Netflix (and will also get Amazon prime eventually).  In the end I will be saving more than $17/mo with those changes.

Right now there are ~20 PA plugins that would interest me and I still have not bought. And now I betrayed me thinking: why not get the subscription for that value and use it until I can buy those remaining plugins if/when they go on sale for a reasonable price.

I'm a confessed synth freak but the Roland Cloud subscription, f.i.,  at $20/mo never tempted me. I don't know... maybe $17/mo is my threshold 🤔

I'll think about it.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sergio said:

I got an email offering me the subscription for $17/mo. I confess that, as much as I hate the idea of a software subscription, there's a threshold value that would made me think. I just cancelled a $10/mo usenet subscription that I was not using. I'm downgrading my cable tv plan to a bare minimum because I mostly use Netflix (and will also get Amazon prime eventually).  In the end I will be saving more than $17/mo with those changes.

Right now there are ~20 PA plugins that would interest me and I still have not bought. And now I betrayed me thinking: why not get the subscription for that value and use it until I can buy those remaining plugins if/when they go on sale for a reasonable price.

I'm a confessed synth freak but the Roland Cloud subscription, f.i.,  at $20/mo never tempted me. I don't know... maybe $17/mo is my threshold 🤔

I'll think about it.

Sergio, it is in fact  great offer, especially if you have not a lot of PA plugins already owned which you would like to use and making money by music (it could earn by itself).  Also no dongle needed. And yeah... I believe any of us waste more money that 17$ every month for things we don't need ;)

10 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Sergio, it is in fact  great offer, especially if you have not a lot of PA plugins already owned which you would like to use and making money by music (it could earn by itself).  Also no dongle needed. And yeah... I believe any of us waste more money that 17$ every month for things we don't need ;)

In my case I already have LOTS of PA plugins and, paradoxically, this is the reason I was considering the "cheap" subscription in my last post.

Think about it: If I had only a few plugin or none at all I'd be a little worried to produce anything with PA tools because, if for any reason I could not keep the subscription, I would lost almost all the tools I used before and would have a lot of work to replace them if needed.

OTOH, as I said before, there are only a few remaining plugins I'd buy/use from PA. If, for any reason, I have to cancel a subscription it would be only those few I'd have to retool/replace.

46 minutes ago, Sergio said:

In my case I already have LOTS of PA plugins and, paradoxically, this is the reason I was considering the "cheap" subscription in my last post.

Cheap is often an illusion ;)

Think about it: If I had only a few plugin or none at all I'd be a little worried to produce anything with PA tools because, if for any reason I could not keep the subscription, I would lost almost all the tools I used before and would have a lot of work to replace them if needed.

I believe it depends on type of workflow you are preferring. Some/(many?) guys after finishing their job for a client bouncing all tracks to archive them as set of stems not depended on any particular plugin. After all if they are forced to remix something after longer time they could use other plugins for the same purpose. How often after finishing pay job and getting money for it there is an order to do it again?

But I personally cannot vote for the most efficient or practical approach as I am not making money by music. So I can only refer to opinion of pro experienced people. However if one has many jobs it seems quite logical not keeping forever every project in open state, Done job to backup and freeing space for next project and so on :)

OTOH, as I said before, there are only a few remaining plugins I'd buy/use from PA. If, for any reason, I have to cancel a subscription it would be only those few I'd have to retool/replace.

I see. Interesting how PA offer depends on amount of owned plugins.

Edited by Piotr
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Cheap is often an illusion ;)

That's why I put it in quotes 🙂

33 minutes ago, Piotr said:

I believe it depends on type of workflow you are preferring. Some/(many?) guys after finishing their job for a client bouncing all tracks to archive them as set of stems not depended on any particular plugin. After all if they are forced to remix something after longer time they could use other plugins for the same purpose. How often after finishing pay job and getting money for it there is an order to do it again?

I don't do paid jobs; my pretension is to produce my own creations. And there are tools that can be (IMO) more or less easily replaced like compressors, EQs, distortion/enhancers/degraders/etc, and even reverbs in most cases, and others that aren't,  like synthesizers (unconventional or not), modulation intensive effects and the most recent AI based plugins for instance. I'd do my best to ensure that I have a permanent license for, at least, those later types of tools *.

* Of course there's no remedy for the obsolescence. But this applies to everything in life, isn't it? Unfortunately even to life itself 🙄

Edited by Sergio
  • Like 1

I think developers realized they deflated the value of plugins.   I think the days of the hobbyist spending over $100 for a plugin that isn't a synth are gone.   There's a lot of youtube videos of amateurs doing great music with stock plugins. Splice and Melda have where you can rent to own.  Some believe this whole industry is going to be subscription.  Many have it but don't advertise it heavily.   I think it will ruin everything except for the opportunist developer who does not go subscription.     

• Like 2

it all seems like a bit of a race to the bottom. there are hundreds of companies and everything is sort of the same product but with a different gui. Wouldn't surprise me to find out some people start a company with profesional looking plugins, start at an expensive price but with heavy intro discount, then just run constant "AMAZING" sales for a couple of years. then close down the company and start again with same code but different gui vsts 😂

Cheapskate customers don't help either. If I was in the industry i would offer cheap plugins with no discounts and no after sales support and my tagline would be"Cheap plugins- come get them you pathetic Piece Of Sh!t"

• Haha 1

What amazes me is that since the SUB  release , there was a superb wave of moaning  from kegit longtime users including me , and the answer ? monthly more expensive proposal , PA is phenomenal !! i don't know what to think !! between the respect i have those those guyz and the way they handle costumers relationship ....