Cherry Audio Year Three Collection & Voltage Modular Celebration

cclarry

On 3/17/2023 at 9:56 AM, abacab said:

Year Three Collection is $32.71 for me at Cherry Audio, as I already own everything in it except for VM900.

Excellent point (always check the manufacturer's site, especially if you are a valued customer with prior purchases).

Re: the PSP Ultimate Collection for VM, I posted above--for non-PSP Collection VM owners, the sale price at Cherry Audio is currently $49.00. 

Cherry Audio previously announced a sale which rand through 13 April 2023. Based on past experience, this means other third-party vendors are very likely to have promotions, too. For those who have been eyeing their products, this should be a good time to shop around for additional third-party discounts, perks-with-purchase offers, loyalty rewards, etc.

Disclaimer: Cherry Audio products have mixed reviews. Personally, I like them, think very highly of the company, have fun being creative with them, etc., but there are some who have some specific issues.  So, all I am doing here is sharing some information for those already inclined to take a look at purchasing their products.

• Plublic Service Announcment (courtesy of "GAS-aholics Anonymous"):
    • Check for Cherry Audio's demo versions.  You have plenty of time to check out the demos before the sale ends. 
    • TIP: If you go for the demos, don't click all of them in one sitting; spread them out  There's enough time to try all of them before the sale ends.
Edited by User 905133
edits to reflect the sale was over; clarification added
  • Like 2

I love cherry audio, especially voltage modular, but also including their eight voice Oberheim SEM standalone synth! They are probably my favorite audio company. I'm not aware of the mixed reviews, although there are people who talk about aliasing or CPU usage - those aliasing people are the same ones still fighting the "analog v. digital" plugin fights from 2010, and CPU on voltage modular is way, way, way lower than VCV Rack, in my experience.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Disclaimer: Cherry Audio products have mixed reviews. Personally, I like them, think very highly of the company, have fun being creative with them, etc., but there are some who have some specific issues. 

Personally I like the Cherry Audio products and company. I don't quite get the criticism, and have come to the conclusion that it is a vocal minority of self proclaimed experts that like to compare hardware and software emulations with oscilloscopes, and or on older computers that are not fully up to modern specs.

But for everyone else, they are a bargain for high quality emulations that sound good. I think that they are improving with each synth they create. If you noticed the slick GUI design for their latest creation, Mercury 6, it was rendered by a new artist that is collaborating with Cherry Audio. They implied on a recent livestream that you will be seeing more of that going forward!

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Heads up for anyone already considering the Voltage Modular Year Two Collection:  The Year Two Collection ($50 for this sale, possibly less expensive through third-party vendors) includes the FM Bundle.

I bought the Year Two Collection a while back to get the Polymode (Polymoog) VM module, and the Vintage Voice Bundle (Juno 106 and ARP 2600 VM modules).

The included FM Bundle and Vector Bundle were pleasant surprises! The cool thing about most of the VM bundles is that they come with additional presets* to showcase the modules capabilities.

*NOTE: the FM, Vector, and Vintage Voice bundle presets require the VM Core package due to the additional modules used.

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/cherry-audio-year-two-collection

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Russ Dusseault said:

I love cherry audio, especially voltage modular, but also including their eight voice Oberheim SEM standalone synth! They are probably my favorite audio company. I'm not aware of the mixed reviews, although there are people who talk about aliasing or CPU usage - those aliasing people are the same ones still fighting the "analog v. digital" plugin fights from 2010, and CPU on voltage modular is way, way, way lower than VCV Rack, in my experience.

I agree on two counts: (1) CA's Eight Voice is on my desktop (shortcut) to start my day on a positive note whether I am going to be doing music or anything else.  It makes me happy just playing and often I get some ideas to jot down for later development.  (2) Yes, to your clarification of the "mixed reviewers" including the points you raised.

12 minutes ago, abacab said:

Personally I like the Cherry Audio products and company. I don't quite get the criticism, and have come to the conclusion that it is a vocal minority of self proclaimed experts that like to compare hardware and software emulations with oscilloscopes, and or on older computers that are not fully up to modern specs.

But for everyone else, they are a bargain for high quality emulations that sound good. I think that they are improving with each synth they create. If you noticed the slick GUI design for their latest creation, Mercury 6, it was rendered by a new artist that is collaborating with Cherry Audio. They implied on a recent livestream that you will be seeing more of that going forward!

I agree with this, too.  

I didn't intend to give the "vocal minority" equal standing with "everyone else."  I stand with the latter group.  

Thanks to both of you for calling attention to my reference to the "mixed reviewers."   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, abacab said:

Year Three Collection is $32.71 for me at Cherry Audio, as I already own everything in it except for VM900.

Valued customer! :)

I must be dense. I’m not seeing the year three bundle in cherry audio site. How did you find it?

Update found it heheh

Edited by kevin H