Humble Bundle King Content Video.Audio Creator Bundle

cclarry

1 minute ago, LittleStudios said:

How does Humble Bundle work?

You give them money, they give you the software listed.

There are tiers of price points you have to hit to get the packages, in this case if you give them $25 or more, they will give you a copy of everything listed.  Note above that some of the software packages do not include all of the "extras" one might get buying it direct.  But you do get the core applciation at the version listed on the site.  Some of the money in the sales goes to charity, some to humble bundle, and some to the manufacture of the products that supplied the bundle.  

4 minutes ago, LittleStudios said:

It is a charity website basically. Purchases must meet the minimum dollar values to hit the target products specified (usually 3 tiers to choose from). The price listed is often a little higher, but you can adjust that to the minimum required for what you want. During checkout you can change adjust the charity distributions, or even the charities that are being contributed too.

37 minutes ago, LittleStudios said:

One thing to be aware of this when you click on the link, it will show you an inflated price, of £25.84 in my case.
The whole bundle is available from £20.84 but they automatically add an optional extra.
So if you want to pay the base price, click on the button saying “Entire 15 item bundle” and it will revert to the base price.

You can also pay a custom amount or adjust the ratio of money that goes to the vendor, Humble and the charity.

1 hour ago, MixBuss said:

Conclusion? do you get the complete plugins yes or no?

You get everything stated. Read the descriptions carefully, as there are sometimes trial subscriptions included in the bundle.

Your downloads and licenses are stored in your Humble account for future access. You can pick and choose the items in your bundle that you wish to activate and install.

Humble Bundle is legit. I have been buying from them for several years, no regrets!!! :)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

Humble Bundle has some great deals. I don't think you can go wrong. But charity? They're a for profit business that only [edit: only gives a small percentage of the sale to charity, BUT YOU CAN ADJUST THE AMOUNT TO GIVE MORE as abacab notes below]. Give directly to charities to make a difference. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

I could be wrong, but perhaps the Samplitude Pro X5 description on Humble Bundle changed.  I looked up Convology XT on the X7 Chart only because I saw it on the Humble Bundle page.  But I don't see it now.

Also, when I first looked, all of the NEW! items were arranged in a paragraph.  Now I am seeing them in a list.

Unfortunately, I didn't grab a screen shot when I first went to the Humble Bundle desription of Samplitude Pro X5.  I tried to highlight and copy the description, but it couldn't be highlighted.

My guess is that someone called attention to the error and they changed the description.

Edited by User 905133

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Humble Bundle has some great deals. I don't think you can go wrong. But charity? They're a for profit business that only gives 5% of the transaction to charity.

If you click the dropdown for "Adjust Donation" (pre-checkout), you can set the split as you see fit. Humble has a minimum cut that appears to be 30% or so, but you can give zero to Magix and the rest to charity.

Humble - Adjust Donation.PNG

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I could be wrong, but perhaps the Samplitude Pro X5 description on Humble Bundle changed.  I looked up Convology XT on the X7 Chart only because I saw it on the Humble Bundle page.  But I don't see it now.

Also, when I first looked, all of the NEW! items were arranged in a paragraph.  Now I am seeing them in a list.

Unfortunately, I didn't grab a screen shot when I first went to the Humble Bundle desription of Samplitude Pro X5.  I tried to highlight and copy the description, but it couldn't be highlighted.

My guess is that someone called attention to the error and they changed the description.

I just looked and unsurprisingly they have removed the info on Convology, Ozone and Melodyne.
It might put them in an awkward spot with some buyers, who could have bought the bundle specifically for some of those.
Convology XT Complete is the one that I have never seen bundled this cheaply.

1 hour ago, Technostica said:

I just looked and unsurprisingly they have removed the info on Convology, Ozone and Melodyne.
It might put them in an awkward spot with some buyers, who could have bought the bundle specifically for some of those.
Convology XT Complete is the one that I have never seen bundled this cheaply.

This isn't the first time this happened.  They will usually offer a refund - and terminate your serials) to anyone upset if they haven't redeemed the others (by contacting them direclty).   

I'm sure a few people noted those products were listed but not included after purchase - thus the change.  

11 hours ago, Technostica said:

It always looked wrong, so a copy and paste error from someone!
Why give away Convology with X5 on Humble, when even X7 (non Suite) doesn't get it when bought direct?
No Melodyne 5 Essential or Ozone 9 Elements either.

I have the free version of Convology but wasn't tempted by XT Complete.
Anyone here digging it?
I'm just not much of an IR person.

For me it seems a little misleading as X5 (Non Suite) apparently did include the full Convology XT and Melodyne Essential. It did not include Ozone Elements though.

I can see why they would want to leave them out and it is heavily discounted albeit also a number of versions behind.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210117134039mp_/https://www.magix.com/au/music/samplitude/pro-x/version-comparison/#c1199485

Out of curiosity, if you buy one of the Humble Bundles, does it then entitle you to upgrade to the latest versions at reduced prices from Magix, etc?

Nice find, @MusicMan.  I will have to look up the compaison for X4 as a matter of curiosity. I bought X4 Suite before I found out that Cakewalk had been resurrected. I have no idea what X4 came with since it never worked for me 1/10th as well as SONAR/Cakewalk and I deleted it to reclaim disk space.

Never mind. Its not so easy to find.  Found a capture for X4, but the comparison link goes to X5.  

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo; to add an update re: X4 version comparison

2 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Out of curiosity, if you buy one of the Humble Bundles, does it then entitle you to upgrade to the latest versions at reduced prices from Magix, etc?

I'm pretty sure it does--whenever I run one of the Magix programs, it pops up a dialog box of the latest upgrade offers (by default ... I usually turn off the notifications).  Of course, it's not as good a deal as when it pops up as a Humble Bundle (several years later).

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Found a capture for X4, but the comparison link goes to X5.  

Here are the old listings for Samplitude Pro X5 and Samplitude Pro X5 Suite at Sweetwater (no longer available):

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SampPX5--magix-samplitude-pro-x5-windows-only

MAGIX Samplitude Pro X5 for Windows

DAW Software with 32-bit/384kHz Resolution, 999 Audio/MIDI Tracks, Automation Lanes, Plug-in Browser, 32-core Support, zplane élastiquePro v3, Vandal Special Edition, Independence Sampler, AM|Track, Cleaning & Restoration Suite Special Edition, Convology XT Complete, Mastering Tools, and Melodyne essential - PC VST2, VST3

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SampPX5Suite--magix-samplitude-pro-x5-suite-windows-only

MAGIX Samplitude Pro X5 Suite for Windows

DAW Software with 32-bit/384kHz Resolution, 999 Audio/MIDI Tracks, Automation Lanes, Plug-in Browser, 32-core Support, zplane élastiquePro v3, Vandal, Independence Sampler, Analogue Modelling Suite Plus, coreFX Suite, Cleaning & Restoration Suite, Convology XT Complete, Mastering Tools, Sound Forge Pro, SpectraLayers Pro, iZotope Ozone and RX Elements, and Melodyne essential - PC VST2, VST3

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Here are the old listings for Samplitude Pro X5 and Samplitude Pro X5 Suite at Sweetwater (no longer available):

Yup; saw a number of third-party listings for X5. 

Through the WayBackMachine I was also able to find info on Samplitude Pro X3, but I have not found any website captures where the comparison link for Samplitude Pro X4 actually goes to a Samplitude Pro X4 Comparison page. I tried several website captures and they all went to the Samplitude Pro X5 Comparison.

Not a big deal for me. Samplitude is totally unintuitive to me based on my decades-long use of Cakewalk and almost all of the time either it didn't work or I got crackling and skips far worse than what I got with Cakewalk before I fine tuned my Cakewalk settings  (ASIO).

Also, uninstalling Magix's generic allegedly low-latency drivers never solved the audio issues for me.  Happy for others that use and enjoy Samplitude.  There were some things I really liked about it.

I was mildly curious about the Samplitude Pro X4 Suite, but not enough to risk reinstalling it.  

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo (cracking --> crackling)

13 hours ago, MusicMan said:

I just verified that Samplitude Pro X5 purchased through Humble Bundle will open an upgrade offer of $149 to Pro X7 and $199 to Pro X7 Suite.

• Thanks 1