AUX Track panning

Aidan Thomas

So, I'm having a bit of an issue. I've used Cakewalk for a little while now, mixed and mastered almost all of my latest album on it.

I've used the panning feature before, with no problems.

However, I'm putting together an 11 track project as we speak. Track's 10 and 11 are my adlib tracks (2 adlibs, one on each panning left and right) and are panned 100% left and right respectively.

What's funny is, in Cakewalk it is playing as it should. One plays in the left headphone, the other the right. However when I export the project, it is centered. Both tracks are mono (left channel), as is the whole project.

Not quite sure what could be causing this. There are four effects on the track (previously more but I took some off because I either decided I didn't like them or thought they might the the culprit) and it is sending to the master bus.

As an aside, the project seems to be going in and out of having this annoying fuzzing sound and playing slower than it should. Not sure if this is the culprit or not but that only seemed to start today.

I will post screenshots of the tracks and the settings of them. Any help you could provide would be appreciated!

1.JPG

2.JPG

Welcome to the forum.
The "fuzzing" sound could be a trial VST effect or 1 that hasn't been authorized properly. Alternating speeds... I don't know. Possibly sampling rate.
Would the 'Input Microphone' be a USB mic perhaps? Ensure that the sampling rate of the device and Cakewalk are the same.
Are you using an audio interface of any kind?
I think all of those effects are stereo effects and will process the incoming mono signal into a stereo track. Maybe.
Anyway, if you could come back with some info on how you're recording and what equipment you're using to record, that will help.