I wonder if the next CbB update is going to be a biggie!

Promidi

5 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Score editor? 🤣

Hopefully not considering I'm convinced less than 20% of the user base would ever touch it (even if it was implemented well).  The fact of the mater is the average musician these days - especially guitarists where Cakewalk has long been a target audience - have no use for staff notation editing.  And I think even 20% would be far fetched personally.

As much as I feel for those that do want this as a core copentency in the program.  Cakwalk would be far better served to focus on things that any musicaion can benefit from.  We look at Chord/phrase/melody tools like Scaler and this is something that beginners can use all the way up to more advanced users thanks to advanced chord substituation concepts and composition tools.   Tools like this can help a beginner to even get started and it would be nice to have this type of functionality built into the DAW itself instead of a plugin.  

Not sure if the next update will be a biggie or not, but realistically as long as they continue to keep it free and funtional - this is already a mature platform to work on.  

• Like 7
  • Meh 1

I'd like to see a chord grid / tab / lyric capability that aligns with-in the arranger module. Something more for songwriters / recordist's with export options. I think CbB has done wonders for the electronic midi / synth centrist musician. Real world full scoring is a behemoth of a task.

I'd also like the ability to replace old versions of plugins with new versions with little to no effort. For example if I have Amplitube 3 with a Clean Twin patch, and no longer have A3 installed, perhaps give me the option to replace it with a Amplitube 5 and use the same patch if it can find it.  Same for Kontakt.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

6 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Probably meant Macros  :D

It's definitely NOT going to be a macOS cross-platform port. That was tried once already way back when Cakewalk products had paying customers, and it failed. Cakewalk is too deeply embedded in the Windows ecosystem to go that other direction without a total re-write.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

I still think Staff view and Chord tracks would be a welcome addition.  Especially with Bandlab having an interest in the educational market but don't hold your breath.

I think staff view is not likely to get much attention. That would have been covered a long time ago if they were ever going there.

Chord tracks might get some attention, but the response for feedback was rather inconsistent when Noel asked for suggestions regarding that a while back, so I dunno...

We'll just have to wait and see.

9 minutes ago, abacab said:

It's definitely NOT going to be a macOS cross-platform port. That was tried once already way back when Cakewalk products had paying customers, and it failed. Cakewalk is too deeply embedded in the Windows ecosystem to go that other direction without a total re-write.

I meant like a scripting language. Sort of like a modern CAL.  I can dream too   :D