Xils Lab Poly KB III : Update & and my take on it !!

Zo

Hi guyz , xils Lab released an update for its poly KB III , a welcomed one specially for the resize and this beautyfull gui , but the beauty is it's ability to deliver one of the best analog soudnin the box !! Its simple architecture combined with some unique mod tools makes it hard to beat !! A pure beauty that i wanted absolutly to share iwth you guyz .... grab a coffee and chill me !!

LINK : https://www.xils-lab.com/products/polykb-iii-&-ii-p-159.html

Don't under estimated this beauty guyz .... and it's 59 $ actually !!

00:00:00 Intro & Plugin Tour

00:04:55 OSC 's

00:07:56 Filter Cutoff beauty + mod

00:11:09 Filter Enveloppe

00:14:23 Sound design 1 : Taurus style !!

00:19:24 2nd filter drive & mod fun !!

00:22:04 Sound design 2 : deep dive & creation of my new patch !!

00:25:55 SPACE X !

00:31:23 VOICE X !

00:39:05 Conclusion ...

00:42:10 Our Patch !!

00:44:30 Bonus ... the patch again in action ;) Thks for watching .

Edited by Zo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

I updated a couple of days ago and the GIU is much better now. I have not used the synth much since buying it last year when it was on sale. I am sure the old GIU was a factor. (Along with getting into Pigments absorbing my sound creation time.)

I look forward to going through you video and getting some pointers.

• Like 1

It's $49 everywhere but on the XILS site, actually.

Also, people need to wake up and realise this is top shelf stuff. I haven't heard anything that can sound richer than XILS, including u-he, GForce, Falcon, whatever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I updated a couple of days ago and the GIU is much better now. I have not used the synth much since buying it last year when it was on sale. I am sure the old GIU was a factor. (Along with getting into Pigments absorbing my sound creation time.)

I look forward to going through you video and getting some pointers.

Funny you mention pigments cause in my video i called it pigments in analog domain lol (allusion to this 2 filter rows ect .. )

3 hours ago, jngnz said:

It's $49 everywhere but on the XILS site, actually.

Also, people need to wake up and realise this is top shelf stuff. I haven't heard anything that can sound richer than XILS, including u-he, GForce, Falcon, whatever.

For me the last i've been impressed was with UHE repro and Gforce OBE when it comes to that analog feel b....but you're right , XILS are something elses , so glad they uypdate their stuff ...

Coming next is the roland ones update , can't wait to see that  !! 

• Like 2

By the way guyz i'm thin king about getting a controller for soft synth , the cobalt 8 M i tried it , nice synth , nothing special exept the osc that are superb , but knbs are shitv .... but endless and midi cc ...so a nice option ...

Actually mapping to console my moog / xils / ect ...but brain work since labels are off (expt att release freq and i use Q for wave form lol  )

There's a new version available since yesterday :

Version 3.6.3 BETA (March 17th, 2023):

OSX: Apple Silicon compatible.

VST3: full compatible.

FX: smoothed On/Off process.

UI: Better and faster management.

MultiThreading fixed.

Quite the authorization process !  New code + email at each step.

JRRShop  -> Plugivery -> Xils-Lab -> iLok

Edited by Paul P
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love this synth and I've only scratched the surface of some presets.

In case anyone else was wondering what happened to the AnalogVille bank created by Laurent Bourgeon (Lotuzia), Xils-lab have just made it available again on their website and it's on sale like just about everything else.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul P said:

I love this synth and I've only scratched the surface of some presets.

In case anyone else was wondering what happened to the AnalogVille bank created by Laurent Bourgeon (Lotuzia), Xils-lab have just made it available again on their website and it's on sale like just about everything else.

Will give it a listen , i don't find the preset on pair with other xlis labs  stuff some are exellent but nothing existing like on poly M or others ...